This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you like Valve's gamepad?

#11silent0ne456Posted 9/27/2013 10:15:29 AM
I might feel a little weird that my left hand will do more action presses depending on the binding
#12ThePylonPosted 9/27/2013 10:15:39 AM
My first reaction was WTF trackpads!?! Garbage.
Once you have read it, trackpads with feedback?
This could be groundbreaking.
Great solution to the Wii U dual screen problem, have it overlay on main screen when you touch it.
I will have to see how it handles Kerbal Space Program before it replaces anything I got.
---
I play too many different games to even care.
#13DinglesteedPosted 9/27/2013 10:18:31 AM
Ch3wy posted...
I don't know man. I don't really like track pads.

Me neither. There's a reason people don't use laptop trackpads for gaming.... I know this is in a controller that you hold, but seriously, throw 2 sticks on there instead and the controller is instantly better.
---
Playing: Dragon's Crown, MLB the Show 13, Pikmin 3, Project X Zone, ETS2
3DS FC: 2191-7639-5571
#14stmstrPosted 9/27/2013 10:18:45 AM
It sounds like their intent was to replace keyboard/mouse and conventional gamepads with no use of gimmicks.

Just straight up by-gamers-for-gamers type of thinking.

I didn't think I could possibly get this interested in a controller by Valve, but god damn do I want to try that thing.
#15DinglesteedPosted 9/27/2013 10:21:02 AM
stmstr posted...
It sounds like their intent was to replace keyboard/mouse and conventional gamepads with no use of gimmicks.

I dunno...2 trackpads instead of sticks is kind of a gimmick on it's own...
---
#16jake-sfPosted 9/27/2013 10:22:33 AM
ThePylon posted...
Once you have read it, trackpads with feedback?

Its still terrible. Its just the worst way I've ever controlled something and lack of feedback, while a big problem, is not all that makes this terrible.

Maybe they'd work for specific genres... as long as this controller is just an option on the side for weird people, I won't mind, people can use what they want, but I certainly would never use such a thing. I don't even like touchscreens on a controller, either. Nothing in that "thing" appeals to me.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#17Binba442(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 10:22:58 AM
Dinglesteed posted...
Ch3wy posted...

Me neither. There's a reason people don't use laptop trackpads for gaming.... I know this is in a controller that you hold, but seriously, throw 2 sticks on there instead and the controller is instantly better.

I thought people didn't use trackpads for gaming, because it's hard to hit M1 and M2...
---
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
#18SinisterSlayPosted 9/27/2013 10:24:12 AM
Looks interesting.
However, it only works for games that originally needed a mouse.
There is not enough buttons for something like a fighting game.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#19DinglesteedPosted 9/27/2013 10:24:46 AM
Binba442 posted...
Dinglesteed posted...
Ch3wy posted...

I thought people didn't use trackpads for gaming, because it's hard to hit M1 and M2...

Way less precise than a mouse/keyboard.
---
#20BlutonicPosted 9/27/2013 10:25:20 AM
It's different, looks cool (to me), made by someone I trust, and I am honestly looking for something to differentiate itself from the DS3 controller and Xbox one. I've NEVER liked any of Logitech's controllers, they all feel like cheap pieces of plastic to me.

I hope this one is different, which is why I'll try it.
---
"I'm glad I'm not friends with any of you in real life." -All Star : GameFAQs in a nutshell