This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you going to buy a Steam Controller?

#31Lemur_HPosted 9/27/2013 3:42:26 PM
therickmu25 posted...
I remember when people were laughing at the iPhone years ago on reveal day.

"LOL NO PHYSICAL BUTTONS?!" - FAIL

Yea, that iPhone. It works so well as a game controller.
#32KidInTheHallPosted 9/27/2013 3:45:04 PM
Lemur_H posted...
therickmu25 posted...

I hook my iphone to my PC via USB all the time and use it play Counter Strike.

lol m+k newbs!1
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#33Lemur_HPosted 9/27/2013 3:47:05 PM
KidInTheHall posted...
Lemur_H posted...
therickmu25 posted...

I hook my iphone to my PC via USB all the time and use it play Counter Strike.

lol m+k newbs!1

Real men use touchscreen keyboards.
#34GoIrish80Posted 9/27/2013 3:56:05 PM(edited)
Yes, if not just for the simple reason that things like this interest me and I like trying them out.

The only doubt I have about it is the 2 buttons that are on the left side of the pad. If those 2 buttons were to the right side of the right trackpad, I think that would be a better setup. I'm just not sure how easy it's going to be to use those 2 buttons, and most games need those buttons. I just don't understand that decision.

But I'm interested in trying it regardless. It's not like it's going to be expensive to try, it's just a controller.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#35halomonkey1_3_5Posted 9/27/2013 3:56:58 PM
Marioface5 posted...
It's the most hilariously awful-looking controller I've ever seen, so no. Not to mention that their claim that it will work will all games is ridiculous. Good luck playing something like ARMA 2 with it.

they didnt say it will perfectly play every single game on Steam with 100% of everything in the game being mapped perfectly to the correct spots on the controller via magic. They said it is COMPATIBLE WITH every game on Steam. As in, it can be used with everything on Steam, because (apparently) it emulates the mouse and keyboard instead of using typical joystick/gamepad input. They arent guaranteeing it will be an enjoyable experience to use it, or that you arent gimped in some form, simply that its compatible with it at the base level.

With that said, it's ugly as hell but I'm really looking forward to testing it in person(and I pray they manage to price it reasonably).
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#36MC RaZaRPosted 9/27/2013 5:16:47 PM
It looks okay. Doesn't look like it feels good on the palms of your hands.
---
Oh, I don't want to walk that far. Anything that takes more than 12 steps isn't worth doing! Eh? 12? Get it? Steps! Hehehe.- Homer J. Simpson
#37RavenoussdPosted 9/27/2013 6:36:22 PM
well atleast it doesn't have the analog sticks that could go bad....wear out
---
1055T | M4a77d | 6gb ddr2 | AMD 6870 | Sonata III | Antec 500w earthwatts | 500gb HD | 27" Monitor | Blu ray/dvd burner | Win 7 Prof | Razer BlackWidow Ult
#38betterboulderPosted 9/27/2013 10:55:43 PM
Maybe. Leaning more toward buy from the impressions I've heard. It seems like a new and interesting control option and it's possible that some games might be made with it in mind.
---
More than happy to purchase the Wii U as my Smash Bros. Box
NintendoNetwork/PSN/XBL/Steam: PositiveCalvin/ 3DS Friend Code: 0259-0454-7272
#39samurai1900Posted 9/27/2013 11:01:44 PM
Depends on the availability and price, the functionality looks rather interesting.
---
For Shuppet fans and lovers - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ShuppetForLife
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SuperSamurai190//
#40masterpaul666Posted 9/28/2013 1:01:56 AM
Trackpads. Definitly a plus for me.

Joystick are nice, but tend to gather dust, and break over 5-6 years of usage. I still have an Snes controller with a trackpad, and I've been using it for YEARS. I replay mario rpg and castlevania 4 at least once a year.

I'm sure some people won't like it, but from what I've seen, I'm in. It looks comfy, and buttons seems perfect to me.

Beside the top 2 near the main screen, but those can easily be for menus, and be convenient then. Similar to the black/white buttons on the Xbox behemoth of a controller~