This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a good MMORPG

#21Tyranius2Posted 9/29/2013 6:19:25 AM
>MMORPG
>good

pick one
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
#22machetemanPosted 9/29/2013 8:05:43 AM
Tyranius2 posted...
>MMORPG
>good

pick one

WoW. What do I win?

being jaded from playing MMOs for 10+ years doesn't mean the games magically become terrible. They are still good games....just not for you anymore.
#23Sailor Goon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2013 12:13:58 PM
is there such a thing as a good mmorpg with a good story?
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#24BowsaaPosted 9/29/2013 12:17:14 PM
Sailor Goon posted...

I hear that the story of Allods Online is great, and from what I've seen it really is pretty good. I didn't read any quest text on my first two runthroughs (to 55 on my Paladin and like 42 on my Mage), but on my MH I have been, and everything has a story behind it, and the epic quest is pretty deep.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#25dekouPosted 9/29/2013 12:50:10 PM
Sailor Goon posted...

The Secret World. It was made by Funcom and has very solid writing, almost on par with their The Longest Journey games.

I'd still recommend Guild Wars 2. It's more polished than The Secret World and just has more to offer IMO.
#26ZukkusPosted 9/29/2013 1:23:40 PM
RIFT has a nice F2P model. Probably one of the best currently out there.
---
"I just wasted a bullet. Don't waste your life." -Big Boss
#27DawnshadowPosted 9/29/2013 2:19:22 PM
I didn't play far into RIFT-- not enough time-- but it seemed very good from what I did of it. About the only really bad thing about it was the rather generic questing format.

The Secret World has enjoyable questing and some really innovative ideas on how to build characters, but the mechanics are a bit rough, in my experience.

WoW is polished and very smooth, although the graphic engine is over a decade old, which means they have limits on what they can do in terms of mechanics. A lot of the vocal haters either got addicted and burned out, or are third-tier elitists who feel a driving need to throw a temper tantrum whenever Blizzard adds any feature accessible to someone they deem as not hardcore enough for any reason.
---
I have a blog! Warcraft and other gamer musings.
http://oilstainedlibram.wordpress.com/