This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games you can't se working with Valve's controller

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Games you can't se working with Valve's controller

User Info: claytonbuckley

claytonbuckley
3 years ago#1
It says it will work with every game in the Steam library, but i just can't see how anyone can play Dota 2 with a controller.
Steam ID - Som!
Origin - Somonah

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
3 years ago#2
seeing as how that entire left circle guy is a mouse trackpad, and you can customize controls... every game will work
What does it mean if the PS Button glows blue?
"orcs are near" -OMG_A_PONY

User Info: DerPancake

DerPancake
3 years ago#3
Diablo 3 works well with a controller, I don't see why Dota 2 wouldn't work with it. Though they have to make some tweaks.
Steam/Origin: DerPancake

User Info: jake-sf

jake-sf
3 years ago#4
Sure, most of anything can "work"... would be it really make sense to play, though? Some people around here today seems to put track pads on a pedestal and I have no idea why.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/

User Info: Cosmic_Coyote

Cosmic_Coyote
3 years ago#5
Ive played Minecraft and Age of Empires with a Xbox 360 controller without much troubles with Xpadder

I am sure this new controller will work great
"There is no knowledge that is not power"

User Info: Enigma149

Enigma149
3 years ago#6
Platformers and RTS games.
MOS 6510 @ 1.023 MHz // MOS VIC-II 6567 // 64 kB RAM // 20 kB ROM // 3ch MOS 6581 SID // 1541 FDD // Datasette
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NN, Steam: CrimsonEnigma

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 years ago#7
DerPancake posted...
Diablo 3 works well with a controller, I don't see why Dota 2 wouldn't work with it. Though they have to make some tweaks.

In fairness, that's because they redesigned the control setup/scheme etc. AROUND the limitations of a controller for the console port, they didn't just drop the PC control scheme/UI in and call it a day. They had to really rework the targeting system, added right thumbstick roll etc.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: claytonbuckley

claytonbuckley
3 years ago#8
DerPancake posted...

Diablo 3 does not work with a controller. We are talking PC games here not console ports where they completely redesigned the game to work with the console's controller.
Steam ID - Som!
Origin - Somonah
Define "working". Because I believe most games will "work" with it, it's the effectiveness that's in question.
We must formulate keikaku. "Keikaku" means plan! - Argosy Captain

User Info: gsf4lyfe

gsf4lyfe
3 years ago#10
Cosmic_Coyote posted...
Age of Empires with a Xbox 360 controller without much troubles with Xpadder

I am sure this new controller will work great

Why would you do that?
Currently playing: GTA V
SteamID: gsf4lyfe
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Games you can't se working with Valve's controller

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived