This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

[Poll] What is your opinion on instagib (one-hit kill) modes in fast paced FPSs?

#21CallmegePosted 9/28/2013 1:32:00 AM
Instagib... Now that's a term I haven't heard in a while. Instagib is imba
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#22TheWayOfTheGunPosted 9/28/2013 10:47:44 AM(edited)
I don't enjoy it.

Halo 2 is a great example because it had the standard, shield recharge gameplay but also a one-hit kill SWAT game mode.

SWAT was fun in short bursts but it gets monotonous. The shield recharge gameplay allows for a more dynamic experience because you could get jumped by an enemy and still have time to make decisions that could put you on top.

I remember times in Halo 3 where I would get jumped from behind but was able to run around the corner of a wall while charging the Spartan Laser only to blast them the second they came around it. Or running backwards of a ledge and sticking the enemy with a grenade and watching them explode as you are in a mid-air leap. That kind of gameplay is as fun as it gets imo.

Too bad Halo 4 has none of it.
#23BowsaaPosted 9/28/2013 10:55:59 AM
I like it. When I play Sauerbraten, I usually either do instagib or insta ctf, and I can often go for a while.

That being said, I'll usually go for something Halo-esque when I'm not playing that. I like the fact that you can usually actually react and get someone back, unlike CoD, where the first person to shoot usually wins.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000