This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is steam being weird for anyone else? (details inside)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is steam being weird for anyone else? (details inside)
2 years ago#1
Ok so I beat limbo then go to play some dota 2. I try to spectate a friends game doesn't work it won't load it. Ok fine whatever there game probably ended or whatever. I search for a match find one click accept just sits on the loading screen until eventually it says unable to connect to the server. I restart dota. Still won't join that match. Ok I search for a new game. Same thing.

I sync the game files or w/e its called. Says its fine. Go back into dota, same thing. Restart steam. Steam won't login in says I am not connected to the internet. I restart my pc, same thing. (internet is fine this whole time btw) I say start up in offline mode. It does but then like instantly connects to me internet as its starting. My friends list is up and when I start up dota I can go into the store and search for a match and everything I am connected to the matchmaking server. Same problem as before.

I close dota and try crysis 2 multiplayer. I have never played it online before so I have to register for a crysis account and put in my product code both of those work fine. I try to go to the multiplayer menu it and it can't connect. Why is it doing this. Make it stop. Makes no sense. I am using MSE and windows firewall. I tried disabling firewall and finding game/connecting to steam didn't help.
---
Interested in finance and the stock market?Want to have a gamefaqs board on it? Sign my site petition here:
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/66852152
2 years ago#2
bump
---
Interested in finance and the stock market?Want to have a gamefaqs board on it? Sign my site petition here:
2 years ago#3
I tried logging in again and it says this is a new computer enter the code from the email. So steam is clearly connected to the internet. I get the email get the code put it in. Says "working...." then says sorry steam can't connect to the servers. ORLY??? HOW DID I GET TO THIS F***ING POINT IF YOU CANT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET. Good god this is maddening.
---
2 years ago#4
It's working fine here
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
2 years ago#5
Just completely out of the f***ing blue for no reason whatsoever it just stops working. Like come on steam really.
---
2 years ago#6
No worries, its a problem with Steam, thats why more people are changing to Origin every day.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
2 years ago#7
Try this:
Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Game server max pings / minute

Try setting that to a low number. If it's a high number some routers get overwhelmed by the thousands of servers being pinged and it can cause your router to freeze up for a few minutes. Also remember to restart your router once after doing that.
2 years ago#8
Rolen47 posted...
Try this:
Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Game server max pings / minute

Try setting that to a low number. If it's a high number some routers get overwhelmed by the thousands of servers being pinged and it can cause your router to freeze up for a few minutes. Also remember to restart your router once after doing that.

didnt help
---
2 years ago#9
bump
---
2 years ago#10
THe only weird thing I've noticed from Steam as of recent is whenever I click a link / load a file from the community page / store page. It at times doesn't register it as me clicking. I submit something and at times it just doesn't click it. I have to reload the page to click anything. It's weird but it's been happening.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is steam being weird for anyone else? (details inside)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived