This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is steam being weird for anyone else? (details inside)

#1DetectivPenguinPosted 9/27/2013 5:25:41 PM
Ok so I beat limbo then go to play some dota 2. I try to spectate a friends game doesn't work it won't load it. Ok fine whatever there game probably ended or whatever. I search for a match find one click accept just sits on the loading screen until eventually it says unable to connect to the server. I restart dota. Still won't join that match. Ok I search for a new game. Same thing.

I sync the game files or w/e its called. Says its fine. Go back into dota, same thing. Restart steam. Steam won't login in says I am not connected to the internet. I restart my pc, same thing. (internet is fine this whole time btw) I say start up in offline mode. It does but then like instantly connects to me internet as its starting. My friends list is up and when I start up dota I can go into the store and search for a match and everything I am connected to the matchmaking server. Same problem as before.

I close dota and try crysis 2 multiplayer. I have never played it online before so I have to register for a crysis account and put in my product code both of those work fine. I try to go to the multiplayer menu it and it can't connect. Why is it doing this. Make it stop. Makes no sense. I am using MSE and windows firewall. I tried disabling firewall and finding game/connecting to steam didn't help.
---
Interested in finance and the stock market?Want to have a gamefaqs board on it? Sign my site petition here:
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/66852152
#2DetectivPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 5:45:45 PM
bump
---
Interested in finance and the stock market?Want to have a gamefaqs board on it? Sign my site petition here:
#3DetectivPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 5:50:01 PM
I tried logging in again and it says this is a new computer enter the code from the email. So steam is clearly connected to the internet. I get the email get the code put it in. Says "working...." then says sorry steam can't connect to the servers. ORLY??? HOW DID I GET TO THIS F***ING POINT IF YOU CANT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET. Good god this is maddening.
---
#4Tyranius2Posted 9/27/2013 5:52:23 PM
It's working fine here
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
#5DetectivPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 5:54:12 PM
Just completely out of the f***ing blue for no reason whatsoever it just stops working. Like come on steam really.
---
#6DerPancakePosted 9/27/2013 6:04:20 PM
No worries, its a problem with Steam, thats why more people are changing to Origin every day.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#7Rolen47Posted 9/27/2013 6:15:31 PM(edited)
Try this:
Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Game server max pings / minute

Try setting that to a low number. If it's a high number some routers get overwhelmed by the thousands of servers being pinged and it can cause your router to freeze up for a few minutes. Also remember to restart your router once after doing that.
#8DetectivPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 6:19:58 PM
Rolen47 posted...
Try this:
Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Game server max pings / minute

Try setting that to a low number. If it's a high number some routers get overwhelmed by the thousands of servers being pinged and it can cause your router to freeze up for a few minutes. Also remember to restart your router once after doing that.

didnt help
---
#9DetectivPenguin(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 8:04:28 PM
bump
---
#10Tommy2GoGoPosted 9/27/2013 8:52:49 PM
THe only weird thing I've noticed from Steam as of recent is whenever I click a link / load a file from the community page / store page. It at times doesn't register it as me clicking. I submit something and at times it just doesn't click it. I have to reload the page to click anything. It's weird but it's been happening.