This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Valve is trying to win gamers and devs and take over PS4 and Xbox One.

#1GodXIIPosted 9/27/2013 6:41:35 PM
Steambox, Steam controller, family sharing, trading cards. Valve don't want PS4 and Xbox One to win, because if the consoles are winning over PC, then PC will get crappy ports like before. So, Valve trying to make Steam PC more exciting, cool stuff etc.

Valve trying to change it and make developers to love PC
#2MasterDonGeroPosted 9/27/2013 6:44:11 PM
Simplified version: Valve is trying to make money.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#3KaiRyusakiPosted 9/27/2013 6:46:20 PM
MasterDonGero posted...

N-n-no! Valve loves us! They t-take 0% cut of every game sold on steam! T-they're pro-consumer, not pro-money!
#4steveboblarryPosted 9/27/2013 6:49:39 PM
KaiRyusaki posted...
MasterDonGero posted...

N-n-no! Valve loves us! They t-take 0% cut of every game sold on steam! T-they're pro-consumer, not pro-money!

Dat Denial
---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
#5VordraxPosted 9/27/2013 6:57:45 PM
ITT there are no states of social responsibility between Buddha-esque selflessness and cut-throat Capitalism.
---
Miroku2235: Every time someone says the Mesmer reminds them of Naruto I die a little inside.
Groadergreen: I'm legally deceased because of things like this.
#6steveboblarryPosted 9/27/2013 6:59:25 PM
Vordrax posted...
ITT everyone gets a free kitten.

Fixed
---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
#7VordraxPosted 9/27/2013 6:59:53 PM
steveboblarry posted...
Vordrax posted...
ITT everyone gets a free kitten.

Fixed

Sweet.
---
Miroku2235: Every time someone says the Mesmer reminds them of Naruto I die a little inside.
Groadergreen: I'm legally deceased because of things like this.
#8Marioface5Posted 9/27/2013 7:13:59 PM
Honestly, as stupid as I think the things they've announced this week are (especially that terrible controller) I think Valve's main goal here is, along with making money of course, to give PC gamers more options. This isn't about competing with consoles. If it were, "Steam Machines" wouldn't be limited to Linux gaming without a Windows installation. SteamOS wouldn't mostly be useful for streaming games to a device from another PC. The controller is really just awful either way. But my point is, Valve isn't trying to compete with consoles. They're trying to make PC gaming more appealing. They're giving it more options so that more people can enjoy it in more ways. Even if those options already exist in other forms and the new ones are kind of stupid.
---
The world gets weirder every day.
PSN: Marioface5
#9Fall_Of_RomePosted 9/27/2013 7:26:27 PM
I read the announcement post. And I like the idea, assuming it is executed well.
---
Cure the Common @ Facebook.com/curethecommon
We Dare You To Be Different.