This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which MMO had the best PvE content?

#11G1ANT_SQU1DPosted 9/28/2013 5:06:48 AM
WoW, but only in BC and WoTLK. not in vanilla
---
http://i.imgur.com/UN9GX.jpg
#12PhilOnDezPosted 9/28/2013 7:11:29 AM
G1ANT_SQU1D posted...
WoW, but only in BC and WoTLK. not in vanilla

This. A lot of people look back at Vanilla with rose tinted glasses but it was pretty awful. Raids weren't difficult in a fair way, they were just glitchy as hell and unpolished. Molten Core took maybe 10 or 15 people who knew what they were doing and 20-30 warm bodies just to soak up hits and deal damage. Then take into account that 99% of people never saw Naxx and you see just how poorly balanced everything was.

BC's 10 and 25 mans were much better balanced and the lower player counts meant it was feasible for a guild to try and have everyone in a group know the raid. Things were still on the "Most people won't see Illidan" side of the scale, but it was by no means the "Only the best of the best will make it past the first trash pull" of Naxx

Wrath I feel nailed it. Normals were doable by just about any guild so long as they were willing to put some time in. The heroic versions gave the hardcore guys their elitist challenges (talking about the heroics introduced with the colosseum, not the 10/25 man modes that Ulduar/Naxx used, though Ulduar did have hard modes which I've heard were awesome, my computer at the time didn't play well with that instance). This meant everyone got to see most of the content so they weren't designing raids that only a handful of people would ever see.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#13NicodimusPosted 9/28/2013 7:13:20 AM
Dark Age of Camelot.

F*** WoW.
---
Intel i5 4670k | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64