This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For those that applied for the Steam Living Room beta...

#11Tommy2GoGoPosted 9/27/2013 8:50:42 PM
I'd see what I can do with it. Test a few things, and just see what I can accomplish with it.

After that, I'll just use it like a normal gaming machine and just see if I find any bugs / glitches like that.

Hell, when I was trying 'big picture' mode I found a bug were it crashed my entire steam application.
Can't remember how exactly. I was browsing their online web browser while talking to a friend and downloading a game. Then I clicked on a video from the browser steam uses and BAM. Crashed.
#12AcquirePosted 9/27/2013 9:10:27 PM
This seemed like the perfect time to use a poll. Anyway, I'd probably be number 2 on that. I'll try it out because I got it and see what happens.
---
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.
#13KotomineKireiPosted 9/27/2013 10:00:07 PM
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
If you get it, how serious are you going to be when you test SteamOS, the machine, and the controller? For example, which one of these sounds like something you'd do?:

1. "W00T I GOT IN! Time to brag about it and marvel at it!"
2. "I'm going to play games normally and make note of anything I like and don't like."
3. "I'm going to play games normally, but I'm also going to go out of my way a bit to try and find problems."
4. "I'm going to take full advantage of it. I'll play it, mod it, hack it, and write about it."

Also, would you keep this board updated with your experiences? Post pictures? Videos? Things like that?

What else would you do if you got into the beta?

Personally, I'm somewhere in between number 2 and 3, and I'd try to keep this board updated with my findings.

There's a small amount of testers, so I'd want to help in some way.
As such, I'd brag, marvel, play, make note of things I like/dislike and write about it(on the official forums and possibly these)
Though, I wouldn't post pictures of, record, mod or hack it, as I can't.
---
"My heart is trembling! My heat is about to burn out! The beat of my blood is carving!
SUNLIGHT YELLOW OVERDRIVE!"
#14stmstrPosted 9/27/2013 10:12:13 PM
KotomineKirei posted...

I interpreted the announcement much differently

Will beta testers be allowed to share info about their experience and post pictures and opinions online?
Yes, that really is the whole point. The input from testers should come in many forms: bug reports, forum posts, concept art, 3D prints, haikus, and also very publicly stated opinions.

Can I hack this box? Run another OS? Change the hardware? Install my own software? Use it to build a robot?
Sure.
#15DerPancakePosted 9/27/2013 10:14:50 PM
I will be the first one to post a video about it, this will be my rise as a famous youtube star! PewDiePie 2.0 is here!
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#16Lemur_HPosted 9/27/2013 10:24:31 PM
DerPancake posted...
my rise as a famous youtube star! PewDiePie 2.0 is here!

Please do.
#17TimePharaohPosted 9/27/2013 10:26:26 PM
stmstr posted...
KotomineKirei posted...

Will beta testers be allowed to share info about their experience and post pictures and opinions online?
Yes, that really is the whole point. The input from testers should come in many forms: bug reports, forum posts, concept art, 3D prints, haikus, and also very publicly stated opinions.

Can I hack this box? Run another OS? Change the hardware? Install my own software? Use it to build a robot?
Sure.

He probably meant that he literally can't because he doesn't have the equipment/know how to
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#18KotomineKireiPosted 9/27/2013 10:41:54 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
stmstr posted...
KotomineKirei posted...

Sure.

He probably meant that he literally can't because he doesn't have the equipment/know how to

Yes, that is what I meant.
I've just barely started learning one programming language, I'm not sure that I would know how to take/record any pictures/videos on a non-Windows OS, and I usually break things if I take them apart.
---
"My heart is trembling! My heat is about to burn out! The beat of my blood is carving!
SUNLIGHT YELLOW OVERDRIVE!"
#19BMXJousterPosted 9/27/2013 10:46:18 PM
Talks posted...
record myself destroying it violently without even taking it out of the box. then make topics on gamefaqs to watch people froth in anger

Please do. Then we can all have a good laugh when you come back complaining about how you're in legal trouble with Valve.
---
Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives
"One embarrassing clown's quest for the ultimate case of diarrhea."
#20dry1cePosted 9/27/2013 10:55:31 PM
DerPancake posted...
I will be the first one to post a video about it, this will be my rise as a famous youtube star! PewDiePie 2.0 is here!

PewDiePie is terrible, though.
---
http://i.imgur.com/43Ea17L.jpg