This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which of these two mechanical keyboard should I buy?

#1KrozardPosted 9/27/2013 9:40:25 PM
I've been planning to get a mechanical for quite awhile now, but stuff kept coming up just as I was about to actually buy one...well, now I'm going to finally commit and buy one, but I'm not quite sure which would be my best choice.

For awhile I've been looking at a Ducky Shine keyboard (since the original Shine, then the Shine 2, and now the Shine 3). They seem to be absolutely awesome from what I've heard, with exceptional build quality.

However, earlier today I was out at Best Buy with a friend and I noticed they redid their entire gaming section and moved the PC gaming mice and keyboard over there as well...and for once they actually had a mechanical keyboard out on display to actually test fully...it was a Logitech G710, and I have to admit I like how it felt quite a bit (Brown switches if I'm not mistaken).

And, reading online reviews, the G710 seems to be pretty well reviewed and liked (plus right now Best Buy has it on their website for $112).

Now, assuming money is no issue, between these two keyboards, which is better in quality?
---
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/arthas/Marc/simple
#2TimePharaohPosted 9/27/2013 9:42:48 PM
Your problem before was probably looking for a mechanical keyboard in the gaming section....because they're typing keyboards
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#3DetectivPenguinPosted 9/27/2013 9:45:51 PM
Duckys are more expensive but also better. So since you said money is no object I would get the Ducky shine 2.
---
Interested in finance and the stock market?Want to have a gamefaqs board on it? Sign my site petition here:
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/7-site-suggestions/66852152
#4Krozard(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 9:47:09 PM(edited)
TimePharaoh posted...
Your problem before was probably looking for a mechanical keyboard in the gaming section....because they're typing keyboards

I checked the other keyboard section too, the only display models they had out were various logitech, HP, and Dynex budget and wireless keyboards, all were rubber dome.

Until today the only mechanical keyboard my store has ever had was the blackwidow ultimate, and due to the problems with various razer products I've had in the past, isn't even a consideration.

They also had a corsair vengeance (red switch) but it wasn't on display.
---
#5Krozard(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 11:06:55 PM
DetectivPenguin posted...
Duckys are more expensive but also better. So since you said money is no object I would get the Ducky shine 2.

Is the Shine 2 better than the Shine 3? if so is there anywhere I can still get a Shine 2?
---
#6Sephiroth ZetaPosted 9/27/2013 11:25:40 PM
I'm looking for a mechanical keyboard myself right now, after trying my friend's G710 out I have to get one. I've read about the different switch types, and I think I'll be getting brown also.

What I liked about his 710 was that it felt very...sturdy...do Ducky 3s have that sturdiness to them?
---
This is my signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.
#7WinpusPosted 9/28/2013 3:16:47 AM
I purchased a max keyboard with browns and really like it, n key roll over with one usb plug and very sturdy with individual led s behind each key if you get a back lit version. They offer a switch sample kit you can purchase for like $5 which comes with blue, Brown, red, and black switches so you can see how each feels. That way you can make a more informed switch choice whichever brand you end up going with.
#8ChrazidPosted 9/28/2013 11:25:41 AM
After reading a bit about each, here's what I've concluded:

Get the G710 if you want/need macro keys, if not, get the Ducky Shine because it's a lot better.
#9PyrotechnixxxPosted 9/28/2013 11:29:01 AM
Get a Corsair K70.
---
Fear is a leash.