This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I just saw a disgusting article down below...

#1SlaynPosted 9/28/2013 9:29:36 AM
http://www.gamespot.com//news/canceled-star-wars-games-revealed-6415086?

One of the projects was Smuggler, a cross-platform multiplayer game that was reportedly going to allow users to play as a customizable character within the Star Wars universe, "smuggling and trading between Facebook, tablets, and consoles."

Another reportedly canceled game was Outpost, a Star Wars version of Zynga's popular social game FarmVille, allowing players to build empires. A third game--Death Star for iOS--was to put players in control of the Empire's iconic hulking space ship, though no other details were provided.

In addition to canceled games, LucasArts was reportedly planning to launch its own spin on Electronic Arts' download service Origin. This LucasArts-owned network was said to be planned as a means to help the studio distribute Star Wars games and assist in the completion of in-app purchases.

Seriously, this made me sick. Just... awful. Awful!
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#2NicodimusPosted 9/28/2013 9:31:18 AM
Facebook troglodytes need games too.
---
Intel i5 4670k | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#3Bazooka_PenguinPosted 9/28/2013 9:32:53 AM
It's little wonder LucasArts went under. Let's face it, the company did jack **** and they were mostly bad at making games too. It was a worthless studio
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
#4Slayn(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 9:35:42 AM
Yeah I remember people being sad about Lucasarts not making Star Wars game, look at what they were about to do to the license.... I don't think they made a good game in a decade.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#5Hi CPosted 9/28/2013 9:55:33 AM
When you're delusional, out of touch with reality, and jump on every new bubble that comes along you're going to go out of business sooner rather than later when they burst.

If Lucas Arts kept being the Lucas Arts of the 90's they would still be around.
---
You'll be my John G.
#6d209999Posted 9/28/2013 10:03:54 AM
I would have loved to see a LucasArts game client. The rage and tears that would have flowed from this board would have been entertaining.

Threats to lord Gabe shall not go without punishment.
---
*under construction*
#7Timbo418Posted 9/28/2013 10:14:19 AM
d209999 posted...
I would have loved to see a LucasArts game client. The rage and tears that would have flowed from this board would have been entertaining.

Competition is good. I just don't like exclusives. I'd rather have competition based on features and service than on game libraries.

And EA are scum.
---
"If you're a Mass Effect fan then you have to be one of the biggest Hippocrates on earth. Have fun." - jnblz316
#8PyrotechnixxxPosted 9/28/2013 11:31:02 AM
Don't really care that they shut down, they were past their prime. I finally get to look forward to Battlefront 3 now.
---
Fear is a leash.
#9steveboblarryPosted 9/28/2013 11:36:39 AM
Timbo418 posted...
d209999 posted...

Competition is good. I just don't like exclusives. I'd rather have competition based on features and service than on game libraries.

And EA are scum.

This, if you have a basic understanding of Economics then people should know that competition is a good thing. But the competitors need to be competent.
---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
#10d209999Posted 9/28/2013 11:40:17 AM
steveboblarry posted...
Timbo418 posted...
d209999 posted...

And EA are scum.

This, if you have a basic understanding of Economics then people should know that competition is a good thing. But the competitors need to be competent.

PC gamers don't want competition. They want nosteamnobuy.
---
*under construction*