This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Holy crap, did I just get amazing deal

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Holy crap, did I just get amazing deal

User Info: mexicannon

mexicannon
3 years ago#1
For $1050, I can get a Alienware Aurora with a

Quad-core I7 4th gen processor
3 gb GDRR5 Nvidia 780 gx
32gb ddr3l
2 tb hardrive
Windows 7 64 bit

User Info: bikeblaster

bikeblaster
3 years ago#2
kind of
2500k @4.2 GHz | Z68X-UD3P | Hyper 212+ | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 | Samsung Spinpoint 1 TB+WD 320 | Win 7 64-bit | Corsair 750HX| CM 690 II Adv

User Info: snesmaster40

snesmaster40
3 years ago#3
maybe
Are we not men?

User Info: aak57

aak57
3 years ago#4
Do be aware that mobile variants of a GPU are weaker. Though the 780M is still about as strong as a 7970, apparently.
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.

User Info: redrum187

redrum187
3 years ago#5
great deal if it's a desktop.
i still haven't found what i'm looking for...

User Info: Rhyten

Rhyten
3 years ago#6
Come on guys, that's a great deal. Alienwares usually cost a bunch, it also has a 780. If it's a laptop it's an even better price since they're usually more expensive, even though the 780m isn't as good as the 780.
Antec Neo Eco 620w | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | i5 2500k 3.3 Ghz | EVGA Gtx 570 1280 Mb | 8 Gb DDR 3 1333 Mhz | WD 1 Tb 7200 Rpm SATA 3 | HP 2011x 20" 1600x900

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
3 years ago#7
great deal for a laptop.

only alright deal for a gaming computer.

also, don't care what anyone says but any above-mid-range-laptop absolutely requires a cooling pad or say goodbye to it within a couple of years of regular gaming.
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/

User Info: Pyrotechnixxx

Pyrotechnixxx
3 years ago#8
Can you people not use Google? It's a desktop. The i7 and 780 alone cost about a grand. Good deal TC.
Fear is a leash.

User Info: TheWayOfTheGun

TheWayOfTheGun
3 years ago#9
Nice steal. DELL is crap but that sweet case is worth $200 alone. That's the only great thing about Alienwares imo.

I have Corsair 600T case which is good in it's own right but I would love to switch it with that Aurora case.

User Info: Goldninja

Goldninja
3 years ago#10
That's not bad. You may want to get a better PSU in the future, but I can't really bash that.
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/b3422xl - Petition to make phone unlocking legal again
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Holy crap, did I just get amazing deal

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived