This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does Nvidia have so many diehard fanboys?

#51Tommy2GoGoPosted 9/29/2013 6:05:33 AM
d209999 posted...
Because AMD = FINISHED

It is known.

Took a while before someone posted that

lol
#52brainlackPosted 9/29/2013 6:56:03 AM
Pepys Monster posted...
It seems like they always give worse deals than AMD.

AMD + blender = not rendering
---
playing re6 with 8x sparse grid ss with 32xs(2x2 ss + 8 ms)+ mixed sample x128 + 32 forced anisotropic then I hear ps4 is powerful than my pc
#53R i c kPosted 9/29/2013 7:36:06 AM
Because people are majorly ignorant. There's no reason to be a fanboy of either company. Both provide good products and support. Some nVidia cards are better than AMD for their price point and some AMD cards are better than nVidia for their price point.

Stable performance and drivers? I've never had a problem with AMD cards. The hardware and software are fine. I've read about AMD card issues, never experience any. I've also read about nVidia card issues but I wouldn't go around saying nVidia is terrible because I read about issues while my AMD card has never given me any. That would be pretty ignorant.

Both cards are reliable the majority of the time but both cards have issues in certain cases and both companies make efforts to resolve those cases.
---
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D
#54TheNazzaroPosted 9/29/2013 7:40:12 AM
The reasons people choose Nvidia over AMD are similar to why so many people choose Apple over any PC. More money but less headaches = money well spent. Although everyone on these boards view Apple as the company that personally insulted their mother.
---
Use code BOSTONSTRONG to have 50% of your purchase go to the One Fund, helping victims in Boston http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheNazzaro
#55PraetorXynPosted 9/29/2013 7:59:00 AM
Vindication123 posted...
amd has heating and more noise issues?

This. The coil whine is particularly bad with the 7000 series.

AMD's drivers have vastly improved at this point, but when the 7000 series released they were a train wreck.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#56PraetorXynPosted 9/29/2013 8:22:55 AM
TheNazzaro posted...
The reasons people choose Nvidia over AMD are similar to why so many people choose Apple over any PC. More money but less headaches = money well spent. Although everyone on these boards view Apple as the company that personally insulted their mother.

Did you really expect a board full of people who build and customize their own systems to like pre-built computers from any vendor? The only reason Apple gets the ire it does form the people here is because Macs have a comparable cost to their monster rigs, with much worse performance for the money.

On the flip side, plenty of people here have MacBooks because they find them better than any Windows laptop. I don't personally, but I make my living developing in .NET and SharePoint with Visual Studio.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#57jgatlabayanPosted 9/29/2013 9:41:00 AM
Better Drivers in my opinion, although there are a few moments where ATi hit it spot on thanks to it's employees (Anyone remember the "Chuck" Patch)
---
i7 2600k @ 5ghz/ GTX 780 /Asrock z77 Extreme4 /16gb DDR3-1600 / Sandisk Extreme 240gb ssd /1.5tb hdd/BenQ XL2420T 24in 120hz /Noctua Nh d14/ all major consoles
#58godplaysSNESPosted 9/29/2013 9:47:20 AM
Nvidia has a better history with OpenGL drivers

Nvidia also supports their older series longer. Nvidia's DX10 cards are still supported, AMD's are moved to legacy.
Nvidia even has official Windows 8 support for their Geforce 6 series, whereas AMD only supports it on their DX11 cards
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#59peteybooPosted 9/29/2013 1:34:38 PM
Lonestar2000 posted...
Nvidia is not more expensive if you shop around and look for deals. I got a GTX 460 1GB for around $150 in January of 20111 after rebate and a 660 Ti 2GB for $220 In January of this year after rebate, which both beat AMD's cards around that price point.

Using deals as a way to say one product is cheaper than the other, when the other product can also have deals, is pretty useless.
---
Gee, it sure is boring around here. *rolls eyes*
I do Let's Plays sometimes! Current game: glitching Pokemon Blue Version http://www.youtube.com/user/peteyboo
#60DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/29/2013 1:37:33 PM
peteyboo posted...
Lonestar2000 posted...
Nvidia is not more expensive if you shop around and look for deals. I got a GTX 460 1GB for around $150 in January of 20111 after rebate and a 660 Ti 2GB for $220 In January of this year after rebate, which both beat AMD's cards around that price point.

Using deals as a way to say one product is cheaper than the other, when the other product can also have deals, is pretty useless.

AMD has been doing more aggressive promotions lately.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64