This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does Nvidia have so many diehard fanboys?

#61pfantzypantzPosted 9/29/2013 2:45:22 PM
Well I'm a Die Hard fanboy, I love the movie.
#62TheMoonJumperPosted 9/29/2013 8:16:32 PM
Because they're better. Plain and simple.

Next question.
#63Mogu_MoguPosted 9/29/2013 10:59:41 PM
If AMD had better video cards I'd have an AMD video card.

As it stands, for the price I'm willing to pay, GTX 670 won.
---
In the chronicles of my life
there is a legend in which I change 'history' into 'herstory'.
#64BlueRamzaPosted 9/29/2013 11:51:05 PM
It's a trust thing. I started with Nvidia cards, and never had any issues. Same reason why I prefer Seagate instead of Western Digital for hard drives. I realizes it's luck of the draw as any piece of tech can fail, but if it isn't broke don't fix it.
---
Snake: There's no happiness found in death, no peace either; I'm leaving here alive, because a strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
#65PaukenPosted 9/29/2013 11:55:53 PM
The fact that many emulators won't work well or at all on AMD video cards (especially newer console emulators like Dolphin and PCSX2) is enough reason to go Nvidia. The more stable drivers aside from the most recent blunders, and the hardware reliability, also help.
#66Snuckie7Posted 9/30/2013 12:19:55 AM
Pauken posted...
The fact that many emulators won't work well or at all on AMD video cards (especially newer console emulators like Dolphin and PCSX2) is enough reason to go Nvidia. The more stable drivers aside from the most recent blunders, and the hardware reliability, also help.

"Hardware reliability"

Lol.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#67Flaktrooper123Posted 9/30/2013 12:21:35 AM
Because of leetist syndrome? While I slightly prefer Nvidia, I otherwise don't care if it is Nvidia or AMD, as long as it is good.
#68PaukenPosted 9/30/2013 1:19:20 AM
Snuckie7 posted...
Pauken posted...

"Hardware reliability"

Lol.

None of my Nvidia cards have kicked the bucket. It's always the hard drive or power supply that kills my machines. I've yet to have any of my PCs killed by video card failure, or failure of other parts due to video card overheating.

Maybe you're overclocking too much, and that's why your Nvidia hardware sucks. Mine's actually UNDERCLOCKED a little bit, to greatly extend its lifespan at only a small cost to performance (a few MHz difference isn't gonna make Skyrim or any modern optimized game run significantly worse). I'm pretty sure that even at regular clock speed I'd still have a PSU or motherboard failure long before the video card asplodes, so this idea that nvidia's unreliable is a myth.
#69Rud3BwoyPosted 9/30/2013 1:24:03 AM
meh so many issues with the 4870x2 never again id buy an amd card
#70Combo MasterPosted 9/30/2013 4:20:23 AM
Because the cards make less noise and Nvidia always has the fastest card on the market and push graphics cards to have more power. Amd cards have always had more reports crossfire issues than sli with Nvidia and they are also louder.

Until recently amd cards have had driver issues and the radeon 7990 was a huge micro stuttering fail. They are cheaper but I will always stick with an Nvidia card. Life is to short to deal with headaches you can avoid.
---
Combo Master