This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does Nvidia have so many diehard fanboys?

#71Snuckie7Posted 9/30/2013 9:12:41 AM
Pauken posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
Pauken posted...
The fact that many emulators won't work well or at all on AMD video cards (especially newer console emulators like Dolphin and PCSX2) is enough reason to go Nvidia. The more stable drivers aside from the most recent blunders, and the hardware reliability, also help.

"Hardware reliability"

Lol.

None of my Nvidia cards have kicked the bucket. It's always the hard drive or power supply that kills my machines. I've yet to have any of my PCs killed by video card failure, or failure of other parts due to video card overheating.

Maybe you're overclocking too much, and that's why your Nvidia hardware sucks. Mine's actually UNDERCLOCKED a little bit, to greatly extend its lifespan at only a small cost to performance (a few MHz difference isn't gonna make Skyrim or any modern optimized game run significantly worse). I'm pretty sure that even at regular clock speed I'd still have a PSU or motherboard failure long before the video card asplodes, so this idea that nvidia's unreliable is a myth.

Nice anecdote, but it's well known that Nvidia's reference designs are notoriously cheap.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#72PraetorXynPosted 9/30/2013 3:14:15 PM
Snuckie7 posted...
Pauken posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
Pauken posted...
The fact that many emulators won't work well or at all on AMD video cards (especially newer console emulators like Dolphin and PCSX2) is enough reason to go Nvidia. The more stable drivers aside from the most recent blunders, and the hardware reliability, also help.

"Hardware reliability"

Lol.

None of my Nvidia cards have kicked the bucket. It's always the hard drive or power supply that kills my machines. I've yet to have any of my PCs killed by video card failure, or failure of other parts due to video card overheating.

Maybe you're overclocking too much, and that's why your Nvidia hardware sucks. Mine's actually UNDERCLOCKED a little bit, to greatly extend its lifespan at only a small cost to performance (a few MHz difference isn't gonna make Skyrim or any modern optimized game run significantly worse). I'm pretty sure that even at regular clock speed I'd still have a PSU or motherboard failure long before the video card asplodes, so this idea that nvidia's unreliable is a myth.

Nice anecdote, but it's well known that Nvidia's reference designs are notoriously cheap.

The only card I ever had die was an ATI X1300, so there's another anecdote.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#73DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/30/2013 3:16:37 PM
Snuckie7 posted...
Pauken posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
Pauken posted...

"Hardware reliability"

Lol.

*citation needed

Outside of insufficient cooling on some of their hotter cards(AMD is just as or more guilty for that, too) I haven't heard of nVidia reference designs being "notoriously cheap". In fact, their reference coolers for recent high end cards are a cut above par.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#74Snuckie7Posted 9/30/2013 3:26:14 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
*citation needed

Outside of insufficient cooling on some of their hotter cards(AMD is just as or more guilty for that, too) I haven't heard of nVidia reference designs being "notoriously cheap". In fact, their reference coolers for recent high end cards are a cut above par.

Don't tell me you've already forgotten about the VRM design on the reference GTX 570 and 590? Or the cheapo 17cm reference GTX 670 PCB?

There's nothing wrong with their reference coolers really.

Some more reading for funsies

http://www.overclock.net/t/1405825/vc-amd-radeon-hd-9000-series-launching-in-october/160_20#post_20319844
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#75Snuckie7Posted 9/30/2013 3:28:59 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]