This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have good price/performance gaming build costs gone up in recent years?

#41ctrl_alt_de1337Posted 9/29/2013 7:08:00 PM(edited)
Abyss89 posted...
Recommending a phemon II in a build with the new consoles coming out in 2 months is complete stupidity....
The new console are being compared to a 7870 and they are going to have life cycle of around 7 years, so a 7870 is a good recommendation for a BUDGET build.
yes he wont get 60fps but this is a budge build do you think he cares?
also TC said he wanted to go nvidia...

With that mentality, a 8800 gt would still be a viable video card. (The equivalent of what's in the 360)

Judgmenl posted...
tl'dr: If people are suggestion someone upgrade to a Phenom x4 from an E8400 they're not very smart.

Also lolamd

That'd be the case if he was using a Q series quad core.

Jeeez, so many console peasants on this board.
#42BowsaaPosted 9/29/2013 7:13:03 PM
ctrl_alt_de1337 posted...
With that mentality, a 8800 gt would still be a viable video card. (The equivalent of what's in the 360)

An 8800 gt can still handle games at 720P at medium/low fairly well. It will at least outperform the consoles.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#43ctrl_alt_de1337Posted 9/29/2013 7:41:44 PM(edited)
Bowsaa posted...

An 8800 gt can still handle games at 720P at medium/low fairly well. It will at least outperform the consoles.

I remember now why I stopped perusing the GameFAQs message boards. People here are worse than religious fanatics with their point of views.

What does that have to do with ANYTHING? I've figured it out, you just like to argue. Who cares what people say to you, you just write it off as FUD.

Shush, pleb.
#44BowsaaPosted 9/29/2013 7:52:30 PM(edited)
What does that have to do with ANYTHING? I've figured it out, you just like to argue. Who cares what people say to you, you just write it off as FUD.

You said that an 8800 gt wasn't viable any longer. It can be, depending on what you want out of a card.

You're the one with the fanatical views here, and you seem to be incredibly ignorant of the actual power of hardware, and how long it till last. You also don't seem to think that your arguments can stand on their own, hence your repetitive attempts to belittle me.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#45Abyss89Posted 9/29/2013 8:07:55 PM(edited)
With mantle and the ability to crossfire a 7870 in the future if he gets a mobo that can do crossfire he will fine for the next console generation. A phemon II will not.
#46PhilOnDezPosted 9/29/2013 8:30:41 PM
I have a PC with a phenom II and integrated graphics. The Phenom II bottlenecks the igp in Minecraft, and it's still the bottleneck even with a 32x pack on. Minecraft tops out at about 35 FPS with optifine, FTB at 25, or 10 if I use a portal gun.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#47Knight2520Posted 9/29/2013 8:38:41 PM
wtf happened in this topic?

go to your rooms and stop derailing the TC's topic with your vitriol and insults.
---
If AMD goes down Intel might safely release i9 for $300 and i7 for $200 and i5 for $100 and i3 for free. - su27Chaos<
#48ctrl_alt_de1337Posted 9/29/2013 8:52:33 PM(edited)
Knight2520 posted...
wtf happened in this topic?

go to your rooms and stop derailing the TC's topic with your vitriol and insults.

Go be a white knight at your castle, mom.

PhilOnDez posted...
I have a PC with a phenom II and integrated graphics. The Phenom II bottlenecks the igp in Minecraft, and it's still the bottleneck even with a 32x pack on. Minecraft tops out at about 35 FPS with optifine, FTB at 25, or 10 if I use a portal gun.

Phenom II's don't have IGP's, pleb. It's a Java problem, not the processor.
#49RolloverBouncinPosted 9/30/2013 1:58:06 AM
Lol.

So this is hours a flame war starts.
---
Only two console brands on the market: Nintendo and Xboxstation. There used to be three, but sadly the PlayStation identity died with the PS2.
- Emerald_Melios