This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Apparently consoles are superior to PC's according to EA

#1Fade2black001Posted 9/28/2013 12:45:36 PM
"Let's back up a second. Until FIFA 11 was released on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC (among others) in 2010, EA used a separate engine for the PC version of its FIFA titles, stating that the current state of hardware couldn't run the "latest and greatest" engine that was already running on consoles. It wasn't until FIFA 11 that the company started using the same engine across the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation platforms. But even with FIFA 11, it seemed that PCs had a hard time running some of the feature packed into game."

Something I found while mindlessly browsing

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Ignite-Engine-FIFA-E3-2013-Andrerw-Wilson,23139.html

I dont care for sports but this is WTF?!?
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#2Enigma149Posted 9/28/2013 12:50:19 PM(edited)
Remember - EA's the same company that thinks we're in the 4th generation of consoles, claims an "unprecedented partnership" with Nintendo, despite not making any games for Nintendo systems, changed literally nothing about a sports game except the roster and called it a new game (two years in a row), locked portions of their PGA series's "story mode" behind DLC, blatantly lied about Sim City, created Origin, and is regularly considered the worst video game developer worldwide.

It's best to ignore them.
---
MOS 6510 @ 1.023 MHz // MOS VIC-II 6567 // 64 kB RAM // 20 kB ROM // 3ch MOS 6581 SID // 1541 FDD // Datasette
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NN, Steam: CrimsonEnigma
#3GoldninjaPosted 9/28/2013 12:51:48 PM
So, basically, they did a garbage job of porting it, so they decided to use a different engine until their garbage port jobs were somewhat playable on stronger hardware.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/b3422xl - Petition to make phone unlocking legal again
#4steveboblarryPosted 9/28/2013 12:52:42 PM
EA has been taking that blue meth
---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
#5EpicKingdom_Posted 9/28/2013 12:58:15 PM
EA's gon EA.
---
3570k (212 Evo) | Z77 Extreme 4 | Sapphire 7850 2GB OC | 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | XFX PRO650w CE | 1TB Black WD | Fractal Design Define R4 | 3840x1080 | Logitech Z623
#6DerPancakePosted 9/28/2013 1:01:10 PM
They are talking about the average PC.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#7RhapsoKnightPosted 9/28/2013 1:05:07 PM
They gave the same reason for not porting the current gen NHL games to PC. Pretty lame, eh?
#8Fade2black001(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 1:07:52 PM
DerPancake posted...

Read it more closely. If there software can be ran off of consoles and PC cant even handle it. Theres something wrong there.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#9DerPancakePosted 9/28/2013 1:46:45 PM(edited)
Fade2black001 posted...
DerPancake posted...

Read it more closely. If there software can be ran off of consoles and PC cant even handle it. Theres something wrong there.

"So could I see the potential for EA Sports Ignite to make it to PC in the future? Yes, I think it's possible, but a couple of things need to happen," said Wilson. First the current mainstream PC needs to catch up on a hardware level.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#10PhilOnDezPosted 9/28/2013 1:50:45 PM
I remember this coming up a while back, and something similar with Square Enix. Basically, EA's response boiled down to "Integrated graphics can't handle the current gen [sports game] even on low, we'll just give PC the PS2 version." Right now, the HD4000 and up is pretty widespread and it's superior to the current consoles so they've been giving us the 360 version. This is the last year they're releasing a PS2 version of their sports line so in the future PC is going to be seeing the 360 versions for a while longer.

SE said that they were considering PC ports of a few of the Japanese developed titles (KH3 and FFXV) but that they would likely only run on 'powerful' PCs, with powerful in that case meaning'not a laptop with integrated graphics.'
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez