This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Revo Uninstaller negatively impact anything Steam related?

#1ajko000Posted 9/28/2013 8:09:32 PM
Say, for example, if I uninstall a game with it, will it delete that game from my Steam Library?

I just want to be sure, y'know, money and all.
#22Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 9/28/2013 8:17:25 PM
When you buy a game from Steam it's linked to your account and under most circumstances you have that game forever. Uninstalling it deleted the game and maybe your save files but you can always redownload it later.
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
#3ajko000(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 8:52:20 PM
2Dhas_a_MIGRANE posted...
When you buy a game from Steam it's linked to your account and under most circumstances you have that game forever. Uninstalling it deleted the game and maybe your save files but you can always redownload it later.

I'm aware of this, I'm talking about it fadoodling with something within the more.... sensitive files.
#4AnatomyHorrorPosted 9/28/2013 9:02:05 PM
Why bother uninstalling Steam games with Revo? Just use steam, right click > Delete Local Content.

I use Revo but never for Steam games.
#5ajko000(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 10:29:52 PM
AnatomyHorror posted...
Why bother uninstalling Steam games with Revo? Just use steam, right click > Delete Local Content.

Primarily because it cleans out the registry as well, it's a long story.
#6VoxwikPosted 9/28/2013 11:30:43 PM
ajko000 posted...
AnatomyHorror posted...

Primarily because it cleans out the registry as well, it's a long story.

Steam doesn't do anything sloppy like break without its registry information. As for the games themselves that probably varies from game to game. Steam itself however can just automatically repair itself even if you outright copy the whole folder + games to another machine. The worst that will probably happen is having to redo the email authorization. You can always do a backup first, too, which is a good idea anyway.
#7BomasaPosted 9/28/2013 11:54:47 PM
If you're not careful you just might end up uninstalling all your games. It happened to me when I first started getting into PC gaming. Good thing I had my games backed up so I didn't have to download all my games again.
---
Steam ID: Bomasa