This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's up with this Linus guy who does PC component reviews?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's up with this Linus guy who does PC component reviews?
2 years ago#1
The boy ain't right.
---
i5-3570K | AMD 7850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 1866 | ASRock Z77 | Intel 330 240GB | 2x2TB HDDs | Antec 650W 80+ Platinum | Windows 7 | Blu-Ray combo burner | Asus Xonar DX
2 years ago#2
Linus? Mother trucker this ain't charlie brown
---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
2 years ago#3
I like tek syndicate moar
---
"planetside 2 would only have 30 people running around on a small map fighting."
- GunWolfAlpha
2 years ago#4
Linus is alright. Splooges himself over hardware a little too much though. Never saw a reviewer happier over some motherboard features...

His WAN show is nice and up to date with news and its nice to wade through. I find tek syndicate to be a little too tinfoil hat in its news delivery but I still enjoy that as well.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
2 years ago#5
I have no idea who most of these LPers/Tech reviewers are as I rarely watch that kind of thing on Youtube, and besides, those kinds of videos/channels are a dime a dozen on Youtube. Every Tom, Dick and Harry with an HD camcorder and a cheap greenscreen thinks they're the next Screen Savers/TechTV.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
2 years ago#6
JKatarn posted...
I have no idea who most of these LPers/Tech reviewers are as I rarely watch that kind of thing on Youtube, and besides, those kinds of videos/channels are a dime a dozen on Youtube. Every Tom, Dick and Harry with an HD camcorder and a cheap greenscreen thinks they're the next Screen Savers/TechTV.

The ones I watch are ncix, newegg, linus tech tips, teksyndcate and techoftommrow

Are all good ones. But if you want to get news from reading sites like tomshardware or anandatech, whatever.
---
Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB DDR3 | single XFX 7870| OCZ 600W Modular. Nvidia, AMD, Intel for life!!
3DS FC: 2208-5221-4039
2 years ago#7
JKatarn posted...

Yeah, yeah... we've all heard this line a million times before.
2 years ago#8
Tek Syndicate is definately much better. Linus is alright when the video is a couple minutes long. Linus gets really annoying when the video is 10 minutes plus.
2 years ago#9
No issues with Linus but I like TechofTomorrow far more.

Elric is awesome and makes the reviews engaging.
---
Until you can stop death herself, I will ignore you like I would the ants beneath my feet
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's up with this Linus guy who does PC component reviews?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived