This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow Origin sucks

#1staticxtreme5Posted 9/28/2013 11:18:31 PM
Finally bit the bullet and downloaded it to buy the C&C Collection. However the download times are terrible! I'm getting around 100KB/s when I can download something on Steam for 800-900KB/s. What gives? I looked up some solutions online and everyone seems to recommend changing your DNS (which I did) and it still isn't helping. If this is how Origin is supposed to work then I can promise I will never use it again after getting these games downloaded.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#2MackorovPosted 9/28/2013 11:20:48 PM
Must be your connection. Is Origin always to blame?
#3DerPancakePosted 9/28/2013 11:21:24 PM
Its your connection maybe. Origin is a better service than Steam.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#4AnatomyHorrorPosted 9/28/2013 11:25:30 PM
power cycle
#5steveboblarryPosted 9/28/2013 11:26:01 PM
Yea EA has a long way to go, I just got Origin because I had a dead space 3 key and after I installed the game I experienced a black screen glitch every time I launched it. Turns out it was a problem a lot of people had with it because the game tries to launch in a resolution that it should not launch in. I fixed it though so its all good now. EA needs to step there game big time if they somehow want to be a serious competitor to Valve. I will note though that I do like the store front it looks smooth.
---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
#6staticxtreme5(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 11:26:08 PM
I doubt it's my connection when Steam and various speed tests yield the same results, yet Origin doesn't use a quarter of what I should be getting.
---
#7JKatarnPosted 9/28/2013 11:26:39 PM
DerPancake posted...
Its your connection maybe. Origin is a better service than Steam.

Unless you have no desire to buy/play anything not published/developed by EA it's not. Let's see....Steam, hundreds or thousands of titles, Origin - hmm, maybe 30? (not sure), yeah, it's superior all right,lol. Oh right, and no game backup facility etc. - Steam has its problems but it's miles beyond Origin, lol.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#8JKatarnPosted 9/28/2013 11:27:27 PM
staticxtreme5 posted...
I doubt it's my connection when Steam and various speed tests yield the same results, yet Origin doesn't use a quarter of what I should be getting.

When I last downloaded something on Origin it was very near to my Steam download speed, so yes, it must be an issue with your connection/load on servers at the moment.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#9TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 9/28/2013 11:29:02 PM
staticxtreme5 posted...

I have the same problem as you. I also remember you stating that you also have a satellite Internet connection in another topic. Same as me.

I wonder if it's more than just a coincidence. Maybe something about Origin hates satellite Internet connections. What's your ISP and plan?
---
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/55488_o.gif
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/
#10staticxtreme5(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 11:30:30 PM
JKatarn posted...
staticxtreme5 posted...

When I last downloaded something on Origin it was very near to my Steam download speed, so yes, it must be an issue with your connection/load on servers at the moment.

Just because you didn't have an issue when you downloaded something doesn't mean it's my connection.
---