This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow Origin sucks

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wow Origin sucks
3 years ago#1
Finally bit the bullet and downloaded it to buy the C&C Collection. However the download times are terrible! I'm getting around 100KB/s when I can download something on Steam for 800-900KB/s. What gives? I looked up some solutions online and everyone seems to recommend changing your DNS (which I did) and it still isn't helping. If this is how Origin is supposed to work then I can promise I will never use it again after getting these games downloaded.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
3 years ago#2
Must be your connection. Is Origin always to blame?
3 years ago#3
Its your connection maybe. Origin is a better service than Steam.
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
3 years ago#4
power cycle
3 years ago#5
Yea EA has a long way to go, I just got Origin because I had a dead space 3 key and after I installed the game I experienced a black screen glitch every time I launched it. Turns out it was a problem a lot of people had with it because the game tries to launch in a resolution that it should not launch in. I fixed it though so its all good now. EA needs to step there game big time if they somehow want to be a serious competitor to Valve. I will note though that I do like the store front it looks smooth.
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
3 years ago#6
I doubt it's my connection when Steam and various speed tests yield the same results, yet Origin doesn't use a quarter of what I should be getting.
3 years ago#7
DerPancake posted...
Its your connection maybe. Origin is a better service than Steam.

Unless you have no desire to buy/play anything not published/developed by EA it's not. Let's see....Steam, hundreds or thousands of titles, Origin - hmm, maybe 30? (not sure), yeah, it's superior all right,lol. Oh right, and no game backup facility etc. - Steam has its problems but it's miles beyond Origin, lol.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
3 years ago#8
staticxtreme5 posted...
I doubt it's my connection when Steam and various speed tests yield the same results, yet Origin doesn't use a quarter of what I should be getting.

When I last downloaded something on Origin it was very near to my Steam download speed, so yes, it must be an issue with your connection/load on servers at the moment.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
3 years ago#9
staticxtreme5 posted...

I have the same problem as you. I also remember you stating that you also have a satellite Internet connection in another topic. Same as me.

I wonder if it's more than just a coincidence. Maybe something about Origin hates satellite Internet connections. What's your ISP and plan?
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/55488_o.gif
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/
3 years ago#10
JKatarn posted...
staticxtreme5 posted...

When I last downloaded something on Origin it was very near to my Steam download speed, so yes, it must be an issue with your connection/load on servers at the moment.

Just because you didn't have an issue when you downloaded something doesn't mean it's my connection.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wow Origin sucks

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived