This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Some problems running Rayman Legends.

#1nonexistingheroPosted 9/29/2013 2:40:42 AM
Well, the first problem I have is that when I hook the game up to my TV, the framerate is more than halved. Just playing it on my laptop (Acer Timeline M3 Ultra) the game runs fine at 60 fps at 1366 x 768 resolution. But when I hook it up to the TV, it runs very badly, maybe half-speed at best. And there's no difference whether I use my laptop's resolution on the TV or 1080p resolution.

It has a GT640M GPU. In general not good enough for 1080p gaming, but it is for lighter games. Dunno about this game, but at the very least, it should run fine with the 1366 x 768 resolution on the TV. For other games the performance on the TV or Laptop are pretty much the same, so I know it's the game being stupid.

Second, installing the latest Nvidia drivers (327.23) screws up the game. It enlarges the screen so much I can only see the top left 50% or so. Maybe a bit less or more, but I can't see a large part of the screen. Is that normal or is Nvidia just so horrible with their driver updates? Their last update before this forced me to reinstall my laptop, because it permanently turned on the GPU with no way to turn it off, because the Nvidia software couldn't be reinstalled anymore.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.