This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC gaming isn't in danger.

#1megamanfreakXDPosted 9/29/2013 6:54:48 AM
http://i.imgur.com/1ncArjo.jpg
---
|Corsair 500R|ASUS GTX 570|i5-2500K 3.30GHz|G-Skill 8GB 1600 DDR3|Samsung SSD PRO 256GB|Antec 750W PSU|ASUS P8P67 PRO|CM HYPER 212+|
#2Fade2black001Posted 9/29/2013 6:59:25 AM
It never was and never will be... Troll topic
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#3temgunPosted 9/29/2013 7:12:04 AM
But it has been dead for years now.
#4godplaysSNESPosted 9/29/2013 7:14:44 AM
Valve pushing SteamOS can hurt PC gaming alot.

It wouldn't be surprising if Valve requires Steam OS for their future games, and requiring dual boot is alot worse than having to change between Steam and Origin and Uplay
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#530aught6Posted 9/29/2013 7:31:21 AM
godplaysSNES posted...

It wouldn't be surprising if Valve requires Steam OS for their future games, and requiring dual boot is alot worse than having to change between Steam and Origin and Uplay

It will hurt Windows gaming and the colossal list of legacy titles, like System Shock 2, that I was playing 10 minutes a go on Windows 7... Who knows how many of the older titles currently available on Steam will be compatible with SteamOS

MS doesn't care about PC gaming anyway, especially since Steam users only use their WinOS so they can play games, and MS doesn't get a dime for any of those games purchased through Steam, Origin or GOGs.

Also, alot isn't a word.
#6betterboulderPosted 9/29/2013 7:52:09 AM
godplaysSNES posted...

It actually WOULD be surprising. Despite what people pen as Valve's DRM they know what platform their on. If they ever made the OS a requirement, they would straight up kill their message of being on the world's only open console. As of now, Steam OS is just an option for people and Steam can still be used on Windows, Macs, Linux, whatever. If they're smart (and they are) they'll keep it that way.
---
More than happy to purchase the Wii U as my Smash Bros. Box
NintendoNetwork/PSN/XBL/Steam: PositiveCalvin/ 3DS Friend Code: 0259-0454-7272
#7rusty12000Posted 9/29/2013 7:52:50 AM
Honestly looking at windows 8 its easy to see the way windows is going. I can't blame Steam from wanting to have an optional operating system in place for when Microsoft pulls the plug on PC gaming. I highly doubt Steam would 100% shun PC gaming there is still a lot of money in PC gaming. But can't blame them for wanting a back up plan. I just wish they would make the new os more like a windows 7 or Ubuntu and less like a console so i could just switch to it completely. Gaming is the only thing holding me back from totally using a Linux distro.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#8LoshadtPosted 9/29/2013 7:56:23 AM
But PC gaming is always dead, Nintendo is always doomed, and AMD=Finished.

godplaysSNES posted...

SteamOS is basically just a Linux Distro, and It would not hurt PC gaming at all. Microsoft is hurting PC gaming.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
#9Ultimate_UmbreoPosted 9/29/2013 8:03:55 AM
Anyone have that pic that compares console releases this year to PC releases?
---
Founder of NGG's Club Canada
NNID: Soviet_Snorlax PSN: SovietSnorlax Steam: Soviet Snorlax
#10Bikes-Posted 9/29/2013 8:07:00 AM
Ultimate_Umbreo posted...
Anyone have that pic that compares console releases this year to PC releases?

http://i.imgur.com/3uZQpxB.jpg
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265