This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone know a free OS that is very user-friendly like Windows?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone know a free OS that is very user-friendly like Windows?
2 years ago#1
When I mean 'user-friendly', I meant not having to deal with the terminal just to install something. Yes, I've seen some promising OS on Google like ReactOS and Haiku, but I would like to get people's opinions here so I can cut the list of OS that Google got me and just find what may seem promising. Thanks in advance, guys.
Religious Person: God loves us so much he gave us his only son.
Me: I know, man. I still can't believe Michael Jackson died.
2 years ago#2
Ubuntu, flavors and derivatives as well
#otchat ~
Mods/Gods 2013
2 years ago#3
Install Gentoo.
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
2 years ago#4
Google OS.
2 years ago#5
Get it out of your head that copying and pasting one liners into the terminal is some sort of brain surgery. It isn't.
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
2 years ago#6

Super easy to use.
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
2 years ago#7
Ubuntu (or the Mint derivative)
2 years ago#8
Many times pasting something into the terminal is faster and easier than navigating the user interface.
PS4 has blast processing.
2 years ago#9
Most 'true' Linux distros may suffer from Terminal installs at some point depending on what you want (if you just want the basics it's unlikely with a decent distro like Mint Cinnamon).
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, Ati Radeon 5770 1GB, CM 690 II. Win7 x64.
2 years ago#10
As others have said, Ubuntu or Mint are good ones to try out. There is another one called Zorin that has a GUI very similar to Windows 7. Might be worth looking into for someone coming from a Microsoft OS to a Linux distribution.
"We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, we sometimes are driven to become the devil himself." Nicholas D. Wolfwood
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone know a free OS that is very user-friendly like Windows?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived