This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Quick, is this PC any good!?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Quick, is this PC any good!?
2 years ago#1
I can buy this PC secondhand for 300 bucks, is it any good?

CPU: Intel Core i7 930 2,8GHz (4cores)
Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth X58
RAM: 2x Corsair XMS3 6GB DDR3-1333 CL7 triple kit (12GB)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 470 SuperClocked+
HDD/SSD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 1x Seagate 1TB
Optical drives: 2x Samsung DVD/RW
Case: Thermaltake Speedo Advance Package
PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800W
CPU-cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i
2 years ago#2
For $300 not bad at all. You can't buy a pre-built for $300 that's even close to that system. There's a little room in there for upgrades too. More ram and a better gpu.
---
(edited by ThePCElitist)
2 years ago#3
For $300, yes. Buy it.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
2 years ago#4
That's pretty good for $300
---
sig sig sig
2 years ago#5
It's nice for $300. You'll want to upgrade the GTX 470 but you don't HAVE to, you can still play most games currently out. Plonk down another $250-300 for a good modern video card and you'll be set.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
2 years ago#6
300 bucks? Who's your dealer?
---
Next Gen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJt3TOFUxPs
2 years ago#7
So, it's worth buying? Will I be able to play most games on high and ultra? Is it future proof?
2 years ago#8
Ghostdown posted...
So, it's worth buying? Will I be able to play most games on high and ultra? Is it future proof?

Yes, No, No.
2 years ago#9
Just some quick math on it, trying to build it yourself the ram would be almost $100 and the HDDs would be $200 (at $65-70 a piece, I haven't looked at prices in a while). Even if it's just to reuse those parts it's worth it imo, so long as they work fine.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
2 years ago#10
No, it's not futureproof. You can't expect a PC with a 5-year-old CPU to be futureproof. But it's still good. Like I said, you'll want to upgrade the video card if you want to play modern games on high.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
(edited by Shub)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Quick, is this PC any good!?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived