This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did Dishonored not get a ton of attention?

#111LoshadtPosted 9/30/2013 9:57:22 AM
LostHisHardcore posted...
Lol at saying my taste is better than yours. You're obviously a Nintendrone

No, F-Zero is just really good, you just have awful taste.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
#112AlleRacingPosted 9/30/2013 10:33:13 AM
Dishonored was good, but it wasn't stellar. Not quite as good as Bioshock, which wasn't quite as good as System Shock 2.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#113cloakedboltzPosted 9/30/2013 12:48:24 PM
Dishonored was decent for fooling around, but it gets stale after 2-3 runs.
#114g7g7g7g7Posted 9/30/2013 1:35:05 PM
Ch3wy posted...
Loshadt posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Either way, point still stands.

And my point was that the only thing Dishonored would have over games released ten years ago (or earlier) would be graphics.

I know, you're wrong there. Way wrong.

I'm guessing from your responses Ch3wy that you are nine years old and have no idea what games were like 10 years ago. The only way that dishonored would have been praised is if it was completely rebranded with a disney IP, the killing was removed and it was turned into a childrens game. Dishonored is a terrible game because it relies solely on the player being simple enough to enjoy its terribly terribly mundane gameplay.
---
You never see people quoting each other in sigs anymore. - Adam Laz
#115Ch3wyPosted 9/30/2013 1:48:03 PM
g7g7g7g7 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Loshadt posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Either way, point still stands.

And my point was that the only thing Dishonored would have over games released ten years ago (or earlier) would be graphics.

I know, you're wrong there. Way wrong.

I'm guessing from your responses Ch3wy that you are nine years old and have no idea what games were like 10 years ago. The only way that dishonored would have been praised is if it was completely rebranded with a disney IP, the killing was removed and it was turned into a childrens game. Dishonored is a terrible game because it relies solely on the player being simple enough to enjoy its terribly terribly mundane gameplay.

That's also wrong. I'm much older than 9 and do have an idea what games were like 10 years ago.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#116InvaderEddyPosted 9/30/2013 1:48:25 PM
Judgmenl posted...
It got a **** ton of attention. I basically paraded on how mediocre of a game it was, and that it was basically a copy of Bioshock.

If you think Dishonored is a copy of Bioshock, you weren't playing it right. If anything, it's a modern copy of Thief.
---
Steam profile name: Casanova
#117NingishzidaPosted 9/30/2013 2:38:02 PM
InvaderEddy posted...
it's a modern copy of Thief.

lololololol
#118mrcivic88Posted 9/30/2013 6:24:09 PM
Dishonored's first assassination mission is fantastic. All the extra stuff you can find is great, as is the level design.

However, that's all the time it takes to realize that they way the game is meant to be played (non-lethal) is terribly boring and repetitive.

It was as good as Deus Ex in making the world feel like it could carry on with or without you, but the gameplay just wasn't there.
#119SilbePosted 9/30/2013 8:06:13 PM
Here is a list of games released in 2003. Pretty sure Prince of Persia steps all over Dishonored, but that might be me just remembering the game in a better light. Not to mention Warcraft 3:The Frozen Throne, Praetorians, Knights of the Old Republic, Rise of Nations, and Wind Waker (its already 10 years old?)
Edit2: And Devil May Cry 2

PoP had its flaws, KotoR had its flaws, Wind Waker had a lot of flaws (Triforce pieces hunt was one of the worst parts in any Zelda game) and DMC2 was ACTUALLY a bad game. Nostalgia goggles everywhere I look.
Constant comparisons with games that have nothing to do with each other. Bioshock is not a stealth game, Dishonored is. I don't get all the hate. You don't like it? Great for you, you have every right to dislike something but going around and acting like Dishonored is a bad game is simply ridiculous. You seem to never have played a bad game, and with bad I don't mean "not my kind of thing" or "I expected something/more different/it reminded me of/I liked XY better", I mean an actually bad game.
Bad game mechanics, bad graphics, bad script, bad story, bad Soundtrack, bad character design, game breaking glitches.
---
Steam/PSN:mezzokakerlake/Petz/Lv200/Fighter
Neu:______mezzokakerlake2/Heiji/Lv38/Mage
#120SoulstigerPosted 10/1/2013 7:30:05 AM
Silbe posted...
Here is a list of games released in 2003. Pretty sure Prince of Persia steps all over Dishonored, but that might be me just remembering the game in a better light. Not to mention Warcraft 3:The Frozen Throne, Praetorians, Knights of the Old Republic, Rise of Nations, and Wind Waker (its already 10 years old?)
Edit2: And Devil May Cry 2

PoP had its flaws, KotoR had its flaws, Wind Waker had a lot of flaws (Triforce pieces hunt was one of the worst parts in any Zelda game) and DMC2 was ACTUALLY a bad game. Nostalgia goggles everywhere I look.
Constant comparisons with games that have nothing to do with each other. Bioshock is not a stealth game, Dishonored is. I don't get all the hate. You don't like it? Great for you, you have every right to dislike something but going around and acting like Dishonored is a bad game is simply ridiculous. You seem to never have played a bad game, and with bad I don't mean "not my kind of thing" or "I expected something/more different/it reminded me of/I liked XY better", I mean an actually bad game.
Bad game mechanics, bad graphics, bad script, bad story, bad Soundtrack, bad character design, game breaking glitches.

Actually, I enjoyed Dishonored. That list was my first post, I am just saying that Dishonored isn't so amazing that it would drop peoples jaws from anything besides the graphics, if it had been released 10 years ago. Of course games had flaws back then, they still do now, but PoP and Kotor are both amazing games (well Kotor is PoP might just be nostalgia glasses, I would have to boot it back up to see.) I agree that the Triforce hunt sucks, and I never played DMC2, I just heard that it was good when it was released. I played Superman 64 when it came out, and it is literally unplayable with its draw distance, also probably the reason there hasn't been another superman came since. Most of the time you can tell when a game is just bad in general before it is released/have actually played it. Well, at least graphics wise and sometimes mechanics and script depending on how much they show of the game.
---
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/561/242/574.png -HeroSandwichlol http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/322/594/bf4.png