This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did Dishonored not get a ton of attention?

#41josh_bPosted 9/29/2013 7:57:26 PM
I think the game is trash and I paid full price for it... which im mad about. I was expecting a steam punk version of the thief series and this was simply not it.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585
#42LoshadtPosted 9/29/2013 8:00:41 PM
Ch3wy posted...
It's definitely one of the most fluid games I've ever played. That kind of fluidity 10 years ago would have people pooping their pants.

If fluidity was the only determining factor in quality then I would eat more Mexican food. It doesn't matter if the game is fluid, it's still not very good. All of the things combined kind of turn it into a clusterf*** of mechanics that mesh poorly together.

There is no downside to stabbing everybody you see in the head, if anything it's objectively the best way to go about it since it doesn't cost a dime and it permanently removes the threat. Magical powers (mainly blink) allow you to bypass with ease areas that would other wise be difficult, and the only ones that are really of any use can be fully upgraded before making significant progress in the game.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
#43PFGeraciPosted 9/29/2013 8:11:29 PM
It got plenty of attention. There just isn't much replayability so it all died down.
---
I had bread, I had cheese, and I had an iron. What was I supposed to do?
#44PanopictonguyPosted 9/29/2013 8:38:59 PM
Graphics
---
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
#45ZignoffPosted 9/29/2013 9:12:07 PM
ghj1 posted...
Judgmenl posted...
jake-sf posted...
Judgmenl posted...
It got a **** ton of attention. I basically paraded on how mediocre of a game it was, and that it was basically a copy of Bioshock.

Bioshock was terrible, Dishonored was decently good.

Both games were pretty mediocre. Bioshock's only redeeming quality was its story. I couldn't even get through Bioshock 2 because I got sick of games with shallow gemaplay and only good because of their few hours stories.

Basically, games like these are the reason I don't play video games anymore.

Well I don't think that's totally fair. Bioshock 2 was definitely guilty of having shallower gameplay than it's predecessor and from what I hear didn't have as good of a story (didn't finish it myself), but the first Bioshock and the most recent both had awesome gameplay and a rad story to go alongside it.

Bioshock Infinite was a massive downgrade and much shallower version of Bioshock 2, how the hell can you say it wasn't... It was even MORE linear, you had LESS combat options, you had LESS customization.... for god sakes the story alone was almost a direct rip off except for the fact your choices actually MATTERED in BS2...
---
Here comes a New Web Comic for gamers, BY a gamer, Critique is welcomed as long as you are positive about it.
http://hatetheplayer.thewebcomic.com/
#46CatalystGuitar18Posted 9/29/2013 9:26:44 PM(edited)
Dishonored has fantastic level design and awesome gameplay mechanics. I've been around since MSDOS. **** the haters.
#47TheMoonJumperPosted 9/29/2013 9:29:06 PM
I played the first couple missions of Dishonored and thought it wasn't that good...

not sure why it got such high reviews...

I mean, it wasn't the worst game I've played but it did nothing to grab my attention...
#48jakisthePosted 9/29/2013 9:55:01 PM
What are you talking about? It got TONS of attention. I was somewhat let down by the game, but yeah...it wasn't ignored in any sense of the word.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#49Kokuei05Posted 9/29/2013 9:57:47 PM
You're just late to the partay.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkbNvrzp9Zk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFC-I16ByiI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cNMJVCcbUI
#50RevenancedPosted 9/29/2013 10:07:57 PM
How can you compare Bioshock to Dishonored. They are completely different games. The only thing that is the same is the gritty artwork that makes up the world. Personally, I disliked Bioshock, played it because apparently it had a great ending, the ending was pretty disappointing. It was a gimmick that wasnt that interesting. The combat was horrible.

I did like Bioshock 2, though the combat was still horrible. The storyline was a little better. I liked it.

Dishonored is a game that really emphasizes stealth. You could be super evil and not be stealthy, exploiting your powers but the game shines the most when you dont alert anyone. It reminded me of MGS with special powers, the only power that was super awesome was the blink ability. Lot of creative uses with mechanics and the storyline was pretty awesome. The DLC was even better.
---
-[Supporter of PS4][Xbox 360 User][FF Fan][Tales of Fan][Black Ops Fan][Elder Scrolls Fan]-
-- Xbox Live Gamertag: RevenanceSLC