This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sorry, but Counter Strike GO sucks

#131JonWood007Posted 9/30/2013 9:08:57 PM

Which?

Again, asking for iron sights is like asking for a change in passing rules. The flow of the game gets MANGLED.

I wasn't talking about iron sights at all honestly. Just mechanics in general. I think it's possible to make a more intuitive game, no iron sights honestly.

*sigh* Please stop saying poor mechanics if you're not going to make the argument as to what those really are. The only argument you're making is "I didn't like the game." Which is fine, you don't need to like the game. Hell you can even say "because of the controls I found it very difficult." That would likely be true as well.

But, you're failing hard at actually supporting the claim that CS:GO has poor mechanics. So... if this the argument you're trying to make than yeah, you're just arguing that you find it hard to shoot in the game, or that it's not the same as modern games. Which is a completely fine reason to dislike a game.

Also, yes... people actually enjoy the style of cs:go that you so dislike. To them it's a feature/plus... you can really get over that fact any time now.

You shoot and bullets miss. What else do I need to say? It's the feel of the game. I don't know what you want me to discuss here.

Also, I actually find GO to be a serious improvement over source, it just didnt go far enough.

ITT: "I don't like game, game should be changed to be like other games that I do like because my opinion is important and I must like all things or else they are bad."

So, if people don't like a game, they shouldn't point out what's wrong with it and how it should improve? That's how things kinda work when you have a problem with them.

I dont even think CS is a bad game. It's just so grossly overblown I can't see why it's considered this gold standard for shooters. It's an average game.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#132DaedalusExPosted 10/1/2013 1:12:13 AM(edited)
JonWood007 posted...
You shoot and bullets miss. What else do I need to say?

You shoot and bullets miss because you do not understand the shooting mechanics. And this lack of understanding resulted in you getting stomped by experienced players, but accepting that you were at fault was too hard on your ego so instead you blamed the game.

Happens all the time, see: Dark Souls.
#133itzzsinnedPosted 10/1/2013 4:44:52 AM(edited)
blade6321 posted...
CS GO isn't a sequel, just a remake in a new engine with modern aethsteics and stuff, so people can play the same game but with new tech. Nobody wants another boring modern shooter called CS 2.0

CS GO is exactly what it claims to be (besides like I said a few patches).

Same gameplay
New engine and graphics
New MM, steam integration skins etc

Like 1.6 is pretty obsolete bar a map or two that isn't ported over.

It's not a remake. It's not the same gameplay. Also Valve decided to use the awful Source maps over the 1.6 counterparts, ie, Dust2, Inferno.

It might the same for a casual player, but I assure you it's not CS.
#134Ch3wyPosted 10/1/2013 4:54:25 AM
JonWood007 posted...

You shoot and bullets miss.

lmao
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#135Worknofun370Posted 10/1/2013 8:17:35 AM
JonWood007 posted...

*sigh* Please stop saying poor mechanics if you're not going to make the argument as to what those really are. The only argument you're making is "I didn't like the game." Which is fine, you don't need to like the game. Hell you can even say "because of the controls I found it very difficult." That would likely be true as well.

But, you're failing hard at actually supporting the claim that CS:GO has poor mechanics. So... if this the argument you're trying to make than yeah, you're just arguing that you find it hard to shoot in the game, or that it's not the same as modern games. Which is a completely fine reason to dislike a game.

Also, yes... people actually enjoy the style of cs:go that you so dislike. To them it's a feature/plus... you can really get over that fact any time now.

You shoot and bullets miss. What else do I need to say? It's the feel of the game. I don't know what you want me to discuss here.

I wanted you to explain what "poor mechanics" meant to you. Because you kept saying the phrase over and over but never really supported what that meant.

Now we finally get a clean answer. "you shoot and bullets miss." Which is pretty much the exact answer I was expecting.

You dislike a game and rather than just going "You know what, I just didn't like the feel of the game. Wasn't for me." You blame the game, and then blame the fans of the game... that seems a bit, self centered, no?

I get you don't like the style of CS, but that doesn't mean it has poor mechanics. It just means you don't like those mechanics. There is a huge difference between those two things. Shockingly enough, the people who really enjoy CS enjoy the style of the game and actually like those "poor mechanics."

Based on the arguments you've made, Valve should abandon the fanbase it has for CS and simply turn it into another "Modern FPS" cause you dislike the style of the game. Again, that seems a bit self centered, doesn't it?
#136Worknofun370Posted 10/1/2013 8:21:19 AM
itzzsinned posted...
blade6321 posted...
CS GO isn't a sequel, just a remake in a new engine with modern aethsteics and stuff, so people can play the same game but with new tech. Nobody wants another boring modern shooter called CS 2.0

CS GO is exactly what it claims to be (besides like I said a few patches).

Same gameplay
New engine and graphics
New MM, steam integration skins etc

Like 1.6 is pretty obsolete bar a map or two that isn't ported over.

It's not a remake. It's not the same gameplay. Also Valve decided to use the awful Source maps over the 1.6 counterparts, ie, Dust2, Inferno.

It might the same for a casual player, but I assure you it's not CS.

It is a remake, I don't really see how anyone could argue otherwise, however I am curious as to why you feel it's not a remake. (Just saying it is doesn't actually make it so). The gameplay is also extremely similar. Yes, some things are a bit different... but the vast majority is CS.

It may not be CS:Source or CS 1.6... but it is, without question, CS.
#137itzzsinnedPosted 10/1/2013 4:13:13 PM(edited)
Worknofun370 posted...
It is a remake, I don't really see how anyone could argue otherwise, however I am curious as to why you feel it's not a remake. (Just saying it is doesn't actually make it so). The gameplay is also extremely similar. Yes, some things are a bit different... but the vast majority is CS.

It may not be CS:Source or CS 1.6... but it is, without question, CS.

When I say CS, I'm referring to 1.6, not CS:S, because as moto so eloquently put it: "I think Source is an awful game. I think it plays terribly. I think it looks fantastic."

That's the issue with these new additions to the "CS" franchise. They improve the game visually, at the cost of gameplay.

As for why CS:GO I don't consider as a CS game: the entire premise of CS is that it is a team-based game where teamwork is of the utmost importance. In CS:GO, there is no downside to playing like an idiot. Teamwork and strategy aren't vital.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgJLqCwDmuo&hd=1

Also, not sure if this actually matters but I'm quite good at 1.6 and CS:GO, decent at Source. I've played with and against many invite players (top NA players), and most of them agree with my point of view: the game sucks.
#138JKatarnPosted 10/1/2013 5:04:50 PM
blade6321 posted...
Orestes417 posted...
You can get the basics of chess down in an hour. Doesn't mean you're good

Comparing the entirety chess to learning dust_2

um

um

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

it's a really, really easy map to learn.

Comparing ANY FPS to chess is a huge insult to Chess, and intelligence itself. Yes, it takes practice to become proficient in any game, but THRAS00RZ87, a Bobby Fisher he ain't.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#139JKatarnPosted 10/1/2013 5:06:43 PM
Worknofun370 posted...
Meh,

I started getting back into CS with CS:GO. First time I played CS in about 10 years or so... never did anything with CS:Source or even 1.6 for that matter... once they took out bunny hopping is when I started to fall away from it honsetly.

Enough of that history story though... So far i've been loving it. I don't feel as though the game is outdated or has old mechanics, however I would also say that it's very comparable to the 10+ year old game that I loved, so I understand those arguments at the same time.

I also don't feel as though it being difficult to play/learn as a major negative to the game. I understand why it would turn some people off, but yes... I am of the group that feels the fact that it takes a little practice to be good a "feature" rather than a negative. I think the fact that the majority of CS players feel that way supports that too. (Feature really isn't the right word, a plus is much better)

It's a video game though, not everyone is going to love it, not everyone is going to hate it. I don't really understand the point of creating a topic just to point out you don't enjoy a game though...

New to GameFAQs are you?
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
#140JKatarnPosted 10/1/2013 5:10:52 PM
OmegaFlare18 posted...
I think it's fine, only thing I don't like is the hit detection

me: pump a bunch of rounds into his head, chest and neck, no dead
him: 3 round burst, dead
me: umm.....?

That seems contradictory....how can it be "fine" with such spotty hit detection/unbalanced weapon damage?
---