This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sorry, but Counter Strike GO sucks

#141AwesomePosted 10/1/2013 5:35:32 PM
1.5 is still the best version.
---
imageshack.us/a/img547/7398/52xt10.gif i.imgur.com/NRVXz.gif img802.imageshack.us/img802/2929/84436857.gif http://i.imgur.com/uHMfWg6.gif
#142JonWood007Posted 10/1/2013 5:36:26 PM
DaedalusEx posted...
JonWood007 posted...
You shoot and bullets miss. What else do I need to say?

You shoot and bullets miss because you do not understand the shooting mechanics. And this lack of understanding resulted in you getting stomped by experienced players, but accepting that you were at fault was too hard on your ego so instead you blamed the game.

Happens all the time, see: Dark Souls.

Um...seeing how I can pick up on just about every other shooter quickly, no, it's the game's fault. The game has really bad mechanics, and the fanatic fanboy elitists tout is as a "feature", just like you're doing now.

Again, I've gotten much better. My KDR in GO is like 0.98 or something now, which is pretty statistically average. That's about average for me and reflective of my skill in FPS in general. Yet I don't blame other games I do worse in, do I? As I said, I suck in SC2, but I don't blame the game. I suck in America's Army and I don't blame the game. Why? Because those games have good mechanics. I'm willing to own up at sucking if I actually feel like I legitimately suck. However, I have little patience for games that have bad mechanics, and then the community acts like they're the greatest thing since sliced bread because they're so unintuitive and user unfriendly. You wanna know what also makes FPS harder? Playing at 15 FPS. Who the heck wants to play at 15 FPS? No one. Because it sucks. CS's mechanics are a lot like that. They're the result of a contemporary limitation in programming recoil properly. By contemporary standards, they're very user-unfriendly and awkward. CS players are stuck in the past. They're like that old grandpa who goes on about back in his day he had to walk 3 miles in the snow to school every day. They think people who play other games have it too easy, and for some reason think mastering difficult mechanics makes them hardcore or something.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#143Ch3wyPosted 10/1/2013 6:41:55 PM
I'm nowhere near a hardcore gamer and I don't blame the game for my bullets missing. That's your fault Jon.

You know what would make the game better? If it aimed the guns for you and you got headshots every time you pulled the trigger.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#144ClouddxPosted 10/1/2013 6:44:51 PM
Quote:DaedalusEx posted...
JonWood007 posted...
You shoot and bullets miss. What else do I need to say?

You shoot and bullets miss because you do not understand the shooting mechanics. And this lack of understanding resulted in you getting stomped by experienced players, but accepting that you were at fault was too hard on your ego so instead you blamed the game.

Happens all the time, see: Dark Souls.

Um...seeing how I can pick up on just about every other shooter quickly, no, it's the game's fault. The game has really bad mechanics, and the fanatic fanboy elitists tout is as a "feature", just like you're doing now.

Again, I've gotten much better. My KDR in GO is like 0.98 or something now, which is pretty statistically average. That's about average for me and reflective of my skill in FPS in general. Yet I don't blame other games I do worse in, do I? As I said, I suck in SC2, but I don't blame the game. I suck in America's Army and I don't blame the game. Why? Because those games have good mechanics. I'm willing to own up at sucking if I actually feel like I legitimately suck. However, I have little patience for games that have bad mechanics, and then the community acts like they're the greatest thing since sliced bread because they're so unintuitive and user unfriendly. You wanna know what also makes FPS harder? Playing at 15 FPS. Who the heck wants to play at 15 FPS? No one. Because it sucks. CS's mechanics are a lot like that. They're the result of a contemporary limitation in programming recoil properly. By contemporary standards, they're very user-unfriendly and awkward. CS players are stuck in the past. They're like that old grandpa who goes on about back in his day he had to walk 3 miles in the snow to school every day. They think people who play other games have it too easy, and for some reason think mastering difficult mechanics makes them hardcore or something.

@JonWood007

Some cheese with that whine!???
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#145JonWood007Posted 10/1/2013 8:45:23 PM
*sigh*, how come every discussion on CS always boils down to "you hate it becuase you suck"?

I suck at games that are not CS too, but that doesn't mean I rip them for bad mechanics. I just expect that when I aim at an enemy the bullets actually hit them. That's all. If a game fails at that, I'm gonna rip it. I don't even think CS is bad. I just think it's grossly overrated.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
#146Ch3wyPosted 10/2/2013 8:18:19 AM
JonWood007 posted...
*sigh*, how come every discussion on CS always boils down to "you hate it becuase you suck"?

I suck at games that are not CS too, but that doesn't mean I rip them for bad mechanics. I just expect that when I aim at an enemy the bullets actually hit them. That's all. If a game fails at that, I'm gonna rip it. I don't even think CS is bad. I just think it's grossly overrated.

Because that is the case for you. If you know what you're doing, the bullets will hit where you aim. The mechanics are simple: If your crosshair is bigger than its smallest size, your accuracy is reduced. And if you're aiming down a scope on a sniper and you shoot while moving, your accuracy is also reduced. This isn't because they messed up when making the mechanics, they made it like this on purpose.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#147r0ge00Posted 10/2/2013 9:00:23 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Because that is the case for you.

Reading through this thread, I couldn't possibly agree more. Jon, a few notes below....

All the recoil patterns have been able to be mapped out since vanilla CS. Even if you don't take time to specifically map them out or research them, you should have noticed at some point that if you're spraying, all your bullets go above the target you're aiming at. Simply pulling down and aiming at chest/stomach level when spraying would solve a good number of problems. You might have to pull down to legs or lower with some high recoil guns towards the end of your clip.

Additionally, you would have noticed that the opponents that often beat you in long/mid range fire fights were only shooting a few shots at a time (2-3 round bursts). Adapting a similar shooting style should have come naturally after observing it for a while when were laying on the ground waiting for the next round to start.

You can call the mechanics outdated, or archaic, or whatever, I really don't care. They're staying that way. There are lots of other shooters out there that cater to the style you're looking for, stick to those.
#148JonWood007Posted 10/2/2013 9:39:43 AM
Ch3wy posted...
JonWood007 posted...

Because that is the case for you. If you know what you're doing, the bullets will hit where you aim. The mechanics are simple: If your crosshair is bigger than its smallest size, your accuracy is reduced. And if you're aiming down a scope on a sniper and you shoot while moving, your accuracy is also reduced. This isn't because they messed up when making the mechanics, they made it like this on purpose.

Yeah, except it takes a long time to actually learn how to aim. Again, see my example of fighting moves only work if you hit the button just right. They now market that into a feature. In reality, it's just outdated mechanics. They make it this way on purpose because all the hardcore players would whine and call the game casual if they actually made the game easier. But look at all other fpses....do many of them follow CS's example mechanics wise? No. Why? Because it's user unfriendly. We have better mechanics, more intuitive mechanics. It's called "progress". CS is stuck in the past.
---
#149Worknofun370Posted 10/2/2013 9:45:59 AM
JonWood007 posted...

I'm pretty sure the reason why this discussion on CS boiled down to "You hate it because you suck" is because that's the argument you're currently making it.

Remember "You shoot and bullets miss" is the reason you gave for why the mechanics suck. And poor mechanics have been the #1 thing you've been arguing against when it comes to CS. So logic says you think the game sucks because you shoot and bullets miss... Therefore you hate it because you suck.
#150GTL581Posted 10/2/2013 9:50:07 AM
counter strike's mechanics are what they are. people play it because of them. it's why all three are in the top 10 games most played on steam. whether YOU think that they are archaic and should change is your opinion. old mechanics or not, plenty of people love it and continue to play it ravenously.