This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sorry, but Counter Strike GO sucks

#201ClouddxPosted 10/3/2013 11:15:48 AM
@JonWood007

I've only been playing CS since 2011, and I see nothing wrong with the mechanics. It makes the game unique.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 470 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#202Ch3wyPosted 10/3/2013 11:17:44 AM
Oh boy. So if a 21 year old doesn't like the taste of alcohol, that means it's bad.

Jon, nobody here is saying that everyone is going to like the mechanics of CS. They're just saying that just because some people don't like them that doesn't mean they're bad or flawed. They are designed the way they are on purpose.

I've played plenty of FPS games, new and old, and I see nothing wrong with CS's mechanics. They work good for KB/M.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#203Worknofun370Posted 10/3/2013 11:36:08 AM
JonWood007 posted...

Or, take this blind sense of American exceptionalism that people often have here in the US. We refuse to even look at what the rest of the world is doing as far as stuff like education and healthcare, because we automatically believe our way is the best. A certain presidental candidate recently said that his opponent draws his ideas from the halls of europe, blah blah blah, while he gets his from the mainland of America or something like that. A lot of the people who buy into this kind of political marketing have little understanding of multiculturalism, and are rather sheltered and closed minded.

I enjoy the random politics tossed in there :)

So really, I'd really encourage you to look at CS as a newbie would. I've noticed some people in this topic (most notably worknofun) don't really have a broad understanding of FPS games other than CS. I do. I play them all. I've played Quake, UT, Tribes, CS, COD, BF, Planetside, TF2, a wide variety of crappy korean FPSes, Arma at different points in my life. I may not have extensive experience in them all, but I can at least familiar with the general game play styles that those games offer.

I didn't say I don't have a broad understanding of FPS games other than CS. In fact, only Planetside of the games you listed have I not played. And I've sunk some heavy hours into Quake, UT (I easily have more hours into UT than CS), Tribes, CoD, TF2. I just know there are a lot of FPS I haven't played, so I wasn't in a position to really argue the point made.
#204DaedalusExPosted 10/3/2013 12:23:53 PM
JonWood007 posted...
CS is a lot like that. A lot of the people who say there's nothing wrong with CS are acclimated to the mechanics. They've played them for years, and therefore don't see the problem with them. However, then you have new players, players who are more acclimated to other shooters, begin playing, and, well, the game feels awkward.

Huh? So being acclimated to CS prevents people from seeing flaws, but being acclimated to modern shooters gives people a clear perspective? Biased much?

You have a problem, man: you can't think outside of yourself. A rational person would say "I don't see what all the fuss is about, but other people really get into it so there must be something I'm missing." Instead, you're saying "I don't see what all the fuss is about, therefore there must be something wrong with the people that get into it." You've so thoroughly convinced yourself that there's something objectively wrong with the game that you believe the people who praise it must have a distorted perspective. The fact is, there's nothing wrong with the game. You just don't understand it, and you're not willing or able to acknowledge that.