This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are Ducky Shines good for First Person Shooters?

#1koichiPosted 9/30/2013 2:07:58 AM
Looking at keyboards and the Duckys seem to be getting better ratings than the blackwidow ultimate, but I read that the Duckys ms is a bit behind that of the blackwidow ultimate(albeit it was one site), but i figure Id ask the more knowing people here.

Currently I use a Microsoft comfort curve 2000, I cant find the MS lag for it online, but i can only assume most mechanical keyboards people have recommended are better.
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#2SpacewhizguyPosted 9/30/2013 2:11:56 AM
Instead of worrying about the freaking ms lag between keyboards of all things, use the time to play and actually get better.
---
What's a sig?
#3koichi(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 2:16:58 AM
Thats a good and all to do, but im not spending 100+ on the lesser quality keyboard still. I asked about ms lag, but my main question is still whether or not its good for First Person Shooters.
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#4chris121691Posted 9/30/2013 2:32:31 AM
It's just fine..
#5TimePharaohPosted 9/30/2013 2:58:25 AM
You sound like you're terrible so no, nothing will help, not even magic typing keyboards
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#6ZeraphLordSPosted 9/30/2013 3:19:51 AM
input lag largely depends on usb report rate, which you probably want 1000hz = 1s /1000 = 1ms

your ms keyboard likely uses 125hz = 1s /125 = 8ms

what's best for fps more comes down to what switch you prefer (actuation force, springback speed, linear/non-linear)

blues click when they actuate
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
#7SgtInfinityPosted 9/30/2013 5:12:19 AM
OCD general.
#8r0ge00Posted 9/30/2013 6:01:53 AM
If you want a fancy keyboard for FPS games, get something with Red or Black switches IMO. They're completely linear. Reds requires less force to press down than Blacks. Ducky keyboards are very good and are well built.

That being said, a keyboard isn't going to do much to help you get better in any game.
#9koichi(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 12:34:00 PM
Where did this youre bad come from? i just want to upgrade my membrane to mechanical. but get my monies worth.

Thank you to those who provided useful, relevant info. will need to find a way to test switches
---
#10Last Grand MageX2Posted 9/30/2013 1:21:39 PM
koichi posted...
Where did this youre bad come from? i just want to upgrade my membrane to mechanical. but get my monies worth.

Thank you to those who provided useful, relevant info. will need to find a way to test switches

Because you're worried about a ms delay in response times, and thats after admitting that it was only on one site where you saw something like that. I did some quick googling, and I can't even find anything on the response times of either, which makes me think you're either spouting bull****, or you're buying someone else bull****.

Either way, you're the worst.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch