This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are Ducky Shines good for First Person Shooters?

#11koichi(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 4:24:09 PM
Last Grand MageX2 posted...
koichi posted...
Where did this youre bad come from? i just want to upgrade my membrane to mechanical. but get my monies worth.

Thank you to those who provided useful, relevant info. will need to find a way to test switches

Because you're worried about a ms delay in response times, and thats after admitting that it was only on one site where you saw something like that. I did some quick googling, and I can't even find anything on the response times of either, which makes me think you're either spouting bull****, or you're buying someone else bull****.

Either way, you're the worst.

Or maybe i just dont understand the subject which others clarified wasnt important.
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#12_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 9/30/2013 4:47:36 PM(edited)
The differences in performance of different keyboards and different mechanical/ non-mechanical switches are mostly theoretical and hold no real world value in FPS. This is why you see all kinds of keyboards being used even at the top of the competitive scene, usually based on who is sponsoring. Really, any 4+ key rollover keyboard will do. It will not have any significant effect on your performance.

Even though mechanical keyboards are now heavily marketed towards gamers, the real reason to have a mechanical keyboard is really typing. This is where the benefit comes from and where you can really appreciate the way a mechanical keyboard can feel compared to rubber dome. I would even go as far as to say that if you can not touch type, I am not sure if I would even bother. That is not to say they can not feel nice for gaming, especially if you play keyboard intensive games like Starcraft 2. There, the use of the correct keyboard can actually influence your actions per second. Though correct, does not have to mean mechanical. Cherry MX reds are often marketed as a "gaming switch" but for Starcraft 2 I performed worse due to the light linear actuation leading to many accidental keypresses. I did better with rubber domes, switched to browns to get rid of the issue and pleased with the results. Go for something that works for you. Some of the best players in the world in various keyboard intensive games were playing on rubber dome until recently.
---
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#13MC RaZaRPosted 9/30/2013 8:32:35 PM
Even if the Razer has better latency, there's really not much improvement in real world performance.

Ducky Shines are great IMO. Just go for a switch you like.
---
Oh, I don't want to walk that far. Anything that takes more than 12 steps isn't worth doing! Eh? 12? Get it? Steps! Hehehe.- Homer J. Simpson
#14ClouddxPosted 9/30/2013 8:33:49 PM
Reds/blacks are good for fps games

Browns are okay

Blues are bad
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#15koichi(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 12:38:53 PM
Clouddx posted...
Reds/blacks are good for fps games

Browns are okay

Blues are bad

Ya i was lucky at a shine 3 with red switches since im more used to membrane keyboards.
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)