This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Buying an Xbox One

#1auntfafajkPosted 9/30/2013 10:41:52 AM
I have one on pre order, but I'm either gonna sell it or drop the preorder. I'm planning on buying a pc. Should I drop the preorder or buy it and sell it? Do you think I'll make a profit on it? Thanks!
---
I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
#2ThePCElitistPosted 9/30/2013 10:43:18 AM
That's up to you. Does the XBone have any games you absolutely must have? Also I doubt you'll sell it at a high profit considering that even PS4 resellers are barely breaking even on eBay right now with pre-sales.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#3IronSasquatchPosted 9/30/2013 10:45:22 AM
Yeah, I would cancel the preorder. If you decide not to, don't even bother trying to sell it right away. If it's the day one edition, leave it completely sealed and then some day down the road that thing will be worth a lot more money (hopefully). If you can't afford to buy both a PC and an XBO, just get the PC.
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#4staticxtreme5Posted 9/30/2013 10:52:12 AM
IronSasquatch posted...
Yeah, I would cancel the preorder. If you decide not to, don't even bother trying to sell it right away. If it's the day one edition, leave it completely sealed and then some day down the road that thing will be worth a lot more money (hopefully). If you can't afford to buy both a PC and an XBO, just get the PC.

That advice could backfire if the console has a high failure rate similar to RRoD on 360.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#530aught6Posted 9/30/2013 10:52:36 AM
Cancel; kill your console.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUhdL-ITG-M

If you can't afford a PC, then get a PS4, it's the lesser of the two evils.
#6CC RicersPosted 9/30/2013 10:54:11 AM
To me, both Nintendo's and Microsoft's marketing are just making it easier for console buyers to go with PS4.

Though I do want some of those Nintendo exclusives.
---
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!
#7Orestes417Posted 9/30/2013 10:55:16 AM
After what happened with the 360 I wouldn't touch a launch Xbox ever again. The >50% failure rate does not inspire confidence
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#8SinisterSlayPosted 9/30/2013 10:58:33 AM
If I was buying, I would probably get a PC and an xbone, since the xbone with kinect will probably have the most unique games. Games where I might not care about how crummy the graphics are.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#9qeoijlijwPosted 9/30/2013 12:12:14 PM
keep it
and when you get it, destroy it and post the video on youtube
people still do this, right
you're gonna be a youtube star
#10Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/30/2013 12:34:55 PM
qeoijlijw posted...
keep it
and when you get it, destroy it and post the video on youtube
people still do this, right
you're gonna be a youtube star

Yes, he'll probably make like $5,000 off that video also.
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!