This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which console manufacturer is the hope of the console gaming industry?

#1bksonic123Posted 9/30/2013 11:07:40 AM
Who is the hope of console gaming? - Results (66 votes)
Microsoft
3.03% (2 votes)
Nintendo Co.
22.73% (15 votes)
Sony Computer Entertainment
22.73% (15 votes)
Valve Corporation
22.73% (15 votes)
Ouya Inc.
1.52% (1 votes)
Other
0% (0 votes)
There is no hope
19.7% (13 votes)
Console gaming will never die
7.58% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So, with the rise of mobile gaming and high-end PCs being much more powerful then the supposed "next-gen" consoles, PS4, XB1 and Wii U, one could argue that this may be the last (or second-last) console generation.

Do you think the death of consoles is inevitable, or do you think it will never happen? Which company will keep console gaming alive, if so?

I find it hard to admit, but I really do think that consoles simply won't be as successful as the mobile or PC market in the future. Perhaps Nintendo will pull something spectacular off, but it's highly unlikely. Of course this is my opinion and I'm not an analyst.

(Sorry if this is stupid, I just wanted to test the poll feature.)
#2SinisterSlayPosted 9/30/2013 11:09:06 AM
Mobile is kicking butt, no question.

We are closer to the type of mobile device that you plug into a docking station and this station adds more computing power to your mobile device and then outputs to a TV so you can play more graphically intense games.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#3reincarnator07Posted 9/30/2013 11:28:51 AM
I think the only thing really holding back more hardcore mobile games is the controls, specifically for iOS. Many newer phones have some sort of video output and mobiles are getting insanely powerful (for their size anyway). If you could easily hook up a keyboard + mouse or a controller and have it well supported, I see no reason why gaming couldn't really take off on mobiles.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#4bksonic123(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 11:58:06 AM
I should probably mention that when I say "console gaming" I mean gaming on a machine primarily used to play games.

It appears people are looking to use their gaming devices for other things as well, or their other devices for games (like mobile phones).
#5Binba442Posted 9/30/2013 12:00:41 PM
Valve have actually tried something different. By creating a controller that's different aimed at the core market.

All hail the steamos
---
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013