This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Program to automatically adjust certain volume levels in Windows volume mixer?

#1machetemanPosted 9/30/2013 3:06:42 PM
Is there something that can automatically adjust an individual program's volume using the Window Volume Mixer? My normal volume level is 30 for everything. This level works for my music, games, movies, etc....but there are a FEW individiual programs/games that have super quiet volume no matter what I do. Instead of cranking Windows volume every time I start these games (and possibly forgetting to turn it back down), is there something that can automate this, or cap Windows volume, while allowing louder programs?
#2staticxtreme5Posted 9/30/2013 6:33:57 PM
I would be interested in knowing as well. I can play Skyrim and I have to max the volume on my laptop just to hear anything (and yes, the volume is up in the games settings) then I go play Mario 64 on my emulator and the damn thing blows my eardrums out. I have to turn it way down and it's still louder than Skyrim ever would be. Kind of annoying, so a program that could do that would be awesome.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#3wizardmonPosted 9/30/2013 6:37:06 PM
Try messing around the the Loudness Equalization feature found in most onboard 'Speakers Properties' > effects tab.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#4macheteman(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 10:00:09 PM
wizardmon posted...
Try messing around the the Loudness Equalization feature found in most onboard 'Speakers Properties' > effects tab.

I'm using a headset, so this unfortunately does not apply to my headset's drivers :(