This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Weird question about multiple display setup

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Weird question about multiple display setup
3 years ago#1
So in my room I have my pc currently hooked up to my monitor via hdmi. Since my 770 only has one hdmi I cannot use multiple displays like that. Well I also have a tv that I would like to hook the computer up to via hdmi for when I want to watch netflix/dvd/blu rays.

Now if I plug the hdmi straight into the mobo I thought I should be able to use just integrated graphics to power that which should be sufficient for what I intend to use it for. But unfortunately I am unable to get it to recognize the monitor. In the bios (msi z87) I enabled the multimonitor setup in the integrated graphics option but it has not helped.

Yes this is an odd situation but does anyone know a possible way. A fix I may just do is purchase a dvi cable to hook up the monitor so my hdmi port is free on the tv but if I don't have to that would be nice.

Any help is appreciated thanks.

specs
-msi z87-g45
-win7
beat the b**** up; jello pudding
3 years ago#2
You can only have either the integrated graphics or the video card working at one time. The simplest solution would be to get a DVI cable.
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
3 years ago#3
Even if I do not plan on using them at the same time? What I was hoping for was an easy way to switch things on the fly.
beat the b**** up; jello pudding
3 years ago#4
Oh if that's the case you can go in and disable your graphics card through the Nvidia control panel I think. Your integrated graphics should enable automatically.
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
3 years ago#5
Some motherboards DO let you use both at the same time, I am using my i5's integrated video for a 19" screen while having my main 23" plug in my GTX 560.

They need to have that LucidLogix Virtu MVP feature to work together.
Mystery is the source of all true science.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Weird question about multiple display setup

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived