This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best CPU/GPU/mATX MOBO for ~$300-400?

#1SexCEmanPosted 10/1/2013 2:22:34 AM
I just sold an i5 3570k, GTX 670 FTW, and Maximus V Gene for a loss of only about $100 (less if I factor in the rebates and $50 credit I earned from Newegg) from what I paid a year ago...which is not bad to me. I have a mouse, keyboard, monitor (Catleap), case (mATX), PSU, RAM, optical drive, CPU cooler, wireless/bluetooth adapters, and SSD/HDD.

All I really want now is something that can run on my Catleap at 2560x1440 for everyday use if needed. I just don't do a lot of high-end gaming anymore to warrant the performance. Even just a CPU/MOBO that could run at solid performance would be fine until I decide I really need a high-end GPU. Yes, I know I could have kept that Mobo/CPU but the Max V Gene really wasn't necessary and still sells for a good amount.
#2Brass_EyePosted 10/1/2013 4:18:44 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3MasterDonGeroPosted 10/1/2013 7:01:10 AM
Hahahahahahahahahaha... Oh, man, that's just... Hahahahahaha, you should seriously be a comedian, man, you're really good at it.

Wait, are you serious...?

Ahahahahahaha!
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#4PhilOnDezPosted 10/1/2013 7:14:17 AM
Are you alright with gaming at medium/720p (half native)? If so, just any Haswell i5/i3 will handle it, the 4600 is roughly twice as powerful as the current consoles. That would leave you $100-150 for a GPU if you decided you needed it. Not sure exactly what you play, I play Minecraft/FTB so AMD doesn't really cut it for me. If you don't play anything too CPU intensive an A10 6800k or FX6300+gpu would be a pretty solid choice as well.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#5SexCEman(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 7:37:50 AM
MasterDonGero posted...
Hahahahahahahahahaha... Oh, man, that's just... Hahahahahaha, you should seriously be a comedian, man, you're really good at it.

Ahahahahahaha!

I'm sorry, but what is your deal? I don't want anything to game on, I actually have two other PC's that I can play games on at 1600x900 just fine, but one is my wife's main computer and the other is a laptop so it doesn't really display well to my Catleap for everyday use.

See, if you're really curious about the whole situation that I was trying not to be long winded about, this i5, GTX 670 FTW setup I really don't need for the games I play, and just want to have something at home that can connect to my Catleap for everyday use and Dota 2 which is about the only game I play a lot.

So I'm not sure what's so funny about it. Like I said, I don't really play any high-end games, and the ones I do play I really wouldn't miss much and could still play at lower settings.

If the funny part is that I got rid of those parts and you think they were sufficient for what I'm asking, well I made nearly $650 off those parts ($190 for the i5, $290 from the GTX 670 FTW, and $160 from the MVG)...so going with something $200+ cheaper is not really that ridiculous if it is sufficient for what I need. Maybe you misunderstood that I'm only wanting to use it for general use on my Catleap at 2560x1440, rather than gaming.
#6MasterDonGeroPosted 10/1/2013 8:03:53 AM
SexCEman posted...
MasterDonGero posted...

Ahahahahahaha!

I'm sorry, but what is your deal? I don't want anything to game on, I actually have two other PC's that I can play games on at 1600x900 just fine, but one is my wife's main computer and the other is a laptop so it doesn't really display well to my Catleap for everyday use.

See, if you're really curious about the whole situation that I was trying not to be long winded about, this i5, GTX 670 FTW setup I really don't need for the games I play, and just want to have something at home that can connect to my Catleap for everyday use and Dota 2 which is about the only game I play a lot.

So I'm not sure what's so funny about it. Like I said, I don't really play any high-end games, and the ones I do play I really wouldn't miss much and could still play at lower settings.

If the funny part is that I got rid of those parts and you think they were sufficient for what I'm asking, well I made nearly $650 off those parts ($190 for the i5, $290 from the GTX 670 FTW, and $160 from the MVG)...so going with something $200+ cheaper is not really that ridiculous if it is sufficient for what I need. Maybe you misunderstood that I'm only wanting to use it for general use on my Catleap at 2560x1440, rather than gaming.

Ah, see, I thought you meant you wanted "solid performance" in games. ~$200 is enough.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157334
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113280

Also, how much did you get for those three components?
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom