This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How's this AMD build?

#11PhilOnDezPosted 10/1/2013 5:44:43 AM
APU+GPU is called Dual Graphics and it's a completely different beast from xfire. There's maybe a dozen games it works properly with, the rest operate at the same fps they would otherwise but with massive stutter or actually lose performance.

In xfire, the GPUs work together to all draw the same frame. With dual graphics they take turns and the 6670 is notably faster than the 5800k (haven't looked much at the 6800k but it wasn't a huge upgrade over the 5800k) meaning every other frame gets drawn much faster or slower than the one before it. Unless you're completely blind to stutter there's just not really any situation it's worth using.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#12staticxtreme5(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 9:07:00 AM
How is the A10 as a processor? If I just used it and the onboard graphics until I got the money to get a good GPU would it be worthwhile? Would I be able to max or nearly max current games with that CPU depending on what GPU I get to go with it?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#13ATARIJAWAPosted 10/1/2013 12:52:05 PM
staticxtreme5 posted...
How is the A10 as a processor? If I just used it and the onboard graphics until I got the money to get a good GPU would it be worthwhile? Would I be able to max or nearly max current games with that CPU depending on what GPU I get to go with it?

Depends on what type of games you play. You won't be getting good settings on an MMO with it.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#14WyzeGyePosted 10/1/2013 1:00:11 PM
I built a computer for a friend with an a10.... After playing around with it I was glad he'd never gamed on a PC before.

It's decent enough, but don't count on the integrated graphics
---
http://i.imgur.com/2dhh8tn.gif | http://i.imgur.com/p5EXSiq.jpg
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/2/2/7/201227_v1.gif
#15staticxtreme5(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 2:33:42 PM(edited)
Well the more I think about it the more I think I want to build a PC with near the parts I picked in my initial post. I'll probably skip the video card though, to keep initial costs down. I'll be happy enough with the APU for a while, and that'll give me a chance to save up for a pretty good video card.

What should I be targeting in a video card? I'll go Radeon since I'm using an AMD processor, but I want one that will match the processor in terms of power. I don't want a card that's overkill for the processor, but I also don't want one that will underperform for what my processor can handle game wise.

Also, will a card even fit in the case I selected? I don't know what I will have room for with the profile case I chose. I'm a bit worried about the cooler master and the video card fitting mostly. I do want as small a case as I can get though, so maybe I can fit it in my tv stand.
---
#16staticxtreme5(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 5:04:47 PM
Bump
---