This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do celebrity blogger stay safe from hackers?

#1m_x360Posted 10/1/2013 3:41:40 AM
I always wondered how celebrity blogger managed to stay safe? Do they just use regular protection programs like Norton or Kasper or just subscribe to companies like Lifelock? I mean, for example, don't they worry that they their PC might be hacked and their bank card info might get stolen? Or do they just use two PCs for example to separate their blogging and personal needs?
---
Always be hopeful and have faith despite everything, no matter what.
#2Cool_Dude667Posted 10/1/2013 3:47:37 AM
I remember when some guy guessed the president's twitter password and was sent to jail.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#3Binba442Posted 10/1/2013 3:48:39 AM
Actually celebrities have PR guys to do it most of the time. But celebrity bloggers and youtubers? No idea.
---
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
#4ChetyrePosted 10/1/2013 4:21:29 AM
It's really not that easy to get hacked if you know what you are doing. Most exploits nowadays are client side, so unless they go out of their way to click on fishy things it is unlikely they will have personal data stolen.
---
"Beyond The Beaten Path Lies The Absolute End. It Matters Not Who You Are, Death Awaits You." Nyx Avatar
#5LordSeiferPosted 10/1/2013 4:41:37 AM
what does norton have to do with protecting your blog password?

your twitter password is upto twitter, nothing to do with your computer, dont use 1234 as your password.

and if you are an identity thief, going after a celebrity is a pretty terrible choice, since its probably incredibly easy to prove where they were and they likely have a dedicated accountant
---
^ this
#6m_x360(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 4:48:58 AM
Okay, I think i should have made it more clear. By celebrity I don't really mean people like Kim Kardashian (and yes, people like her have her PR do it for her) but I "youtube celebrity" type or a video game industry blogger.
---
Always be hopeful and have faith despite everything, no matter what.
#7ChetyrePosted 10/1/2013 4:54:31 AM
refer to what I said.
---
"Beyond The Beaten Path Lies The Absolute End. It Matters Not Who You Are, Death Awaits You." Nyx Avatar
#8Psykic PetrolPosted 10/1/2013 7:52:08 AM
About 90% of the time, 'hacking incidents' involving celebrities are because of social engineering and phishing.
---
How do you ejaculate from plane? I try to press the buttons but I do not find it. Sorry for my bad english - Bean0