The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the scariest game you've ever played?

#1MackorovPosted 10/1/2013 2:54:40 AM
I'd say Condemned Blood Origins. But mainly since it's the only game I did ever find scary
#2steveboblarryPosted 10/1/2013 3:01:03 AM
Shell shock 2 blood trails...... that game was horrible
---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
#3DV8ingSourcesPosted 10/1/2013 3:37:45 AM(edited)
Haven't played it yet myself but I've heard great things about Outlast. Keeps the jump scares to a minimum yet creates a panicked atmosphere with its invulnerable monsters.

Silent hill 1 on ps1 was the scariest game I played though. The terrible graphics and amazing sound design really puts it above most. Chances are its a bit of a case of nostalgia glasses but, your first scary game as a young one tends to stick.

edit: Yeah I did say that terrible graphics was a plus. Horror for me requires you to let your imagination do most of the work. Catching only a glimpse or seeing something and not understanding exactly what it is you saw is much scarier than just seeing the monster. Monsters tend to be the least scary part of a game once you 'understand' them both mechanically and visually. Jump scares no longer really work on me in 'horror' games because you are always in a state of alertness. A good horror game offers atmosphere over and above anything and tries to make you feel helpless.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#4InterfusorPosted 10/1/2013 3:32:47 AM
I have a (scary) thing for FPS where small enemies can jump onto your face.

Examples, facehuggers from AvP, hell hands from Blood and aliens from eggs in DN3d. If anyone can think of more like those I'd like to know.
---
I am not economically viable.
#5Dirk85UKPosted 10/1/2013 3:37:26 AM
AvP 2
---
i5 2500 | 8Gb DDR3 | GTX 670 FTW | Asus P8 P67 | Intel 330 SSD | XFX 650W | Dell U2711
#6MarceloSampaioPosted 10/1/2013 3:40:32 AM
The old Realms of the Haunting game was a very scary game at the time. Enemies that appeared out of nowhere (specially in places that where previously empty before), the lack of a soundtrack in most places, and the constant storm outside the mansion made me pee in my pants when I was a kid! :p

http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/realms-of-the-haunting
http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=5987&tab=screen
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#7Maiken100Posted 10/1/2013 3:41:16 AM
When I played Doom 3 for the first time, I was a bit jumpy. Only thing that scares me now is really low fps :P
---
Next Gen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJt3TOFUxPs
#8KOTRwhoopsPosted 10/1/2013 4:01:46 AM
It has to be the first time I played RE3 Nemesis. I was younger back then but the fights with the Nemesis the first time through the game were nerve wracking, they bulit the tension brilliantly.

Not scary these days but I've grown up and true video game scares are hard to come by.
---
PLAYING - Grand Theft Auto V (PS3), Persona 4 Golden (Vita)
MOST WANTED - Lightning Returns, FFXV, Watchdogs, FFX/X-2 HD, Killzone SF, Beyond Two Souls
#9kelemvorPosted 10/1/2013 4:05:40 AM
Friday the 13th for NES... seriously.

I don't play many scary games these days I guess.
---
Kelemvor Lyonsbane
#10Ch3wyPosted 10/1/2013 4:07:40 AM
Some of the dark rainy nights in Euro Truck Simulator 2 can get pretty spooky. I keep expecting to look at my passenger seat and see a ghost.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.