This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the scariest game you've ever played?

#141thatfool12GsPosted 10/1/2013 9:01:39 PM
WhereIsSelf posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
Haven't played it yet myself but I've heard great things about Outlast. Keeps the jump scares to a minimum yet creates a panicked atmosphere with its invulnerable monsters.

I played Outlast. Had like 3 jump scares in the first hour of playing, said **** off, never played again. Not saying you shouldn't play it or that it's necessarily bad, but IMO it uses the jump scares way too often and that really pisses me off. A good horror game should have like one, two at most.

Lol, mad cuz you went through 3 pairs of undies in an hour?
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#142angelXboyPosted 10/1/2013 9:16:24 PM
Bikes- posted...
Corpse Party

This, with headphones and alone in the dark.
This stuff seriously messes with you.
---
Talk to me please. I'm soooo loonneellyy ~ <3
#143BlueRamzaPosted 10/1/2013 9:29:15 PM
Probably Silent Hill
---
Snake: There's no happiness found in death, no peace either; I'm leaving here alive, because a strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own.
#144CollinityPosted 10/1/2013 9:31:29 PM
Rapelay....I know some of you gonna go check for it and download..
#145Allucrey20Posted 10/1/2013 9:56:38 PM
therickmu25 posted...
First playthrough of Amnesia before everyone told me it was scary. I alt tabbed like a half hour in.

^^ This
---
Excuse me? - Northernlion
#146OdiousThirteenPosted 10/1/2013 9:58:22 PM
Original RE since I was crazy young back then.
#147futureopsPosted 10/1/2013 10:34:18 PM
Never got scared by RE3,Doom3 etc but got scared by Dead Space 3 on my PC specially when
killing Regenerators.........................
#148HunterAlpha148Posted 10/1/2013 10:46:08 PM
too many to decide
#149AllmatteredPosted 10/1/2013 10:49:36 PM
I don't see what's all the hype for Amnesia. Played through the entire game and never got a single scare from it. I mean sure the monster is the main scarepoint but once you walk up to it and get a good close look at it, the horrible textures will throw you off. That, and once you realize how scripted and limited the game engine is.

I gotta agree on Condemend though. The game is scary as **** like this scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPP5Ja7YNas.

The sequel I heard is way more terrifying, if only it was on PC.
#150WhereIsSelfPosted 10/2/2013 12:15:15 AM
thatfool12Gs posted...
WhereIsSelf posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
Haven't played it yet myself but I've heard great things about Outlast. Keeps the jump scares to a minimum yet creates a panicked atmosphere with its invulnerable monsters.

I played Outlast. Had like 3 jump scares in the first hour of playing, said **** off, never played again. Not saying you shouldn't play it or that it's necessarily bad, but IMO it uses the jump scares way too often and that really pisses me off. A good horror game should have like one, two at most.

Lol, mad cuz you went through 3 pairs of undies in an hour?

Well, I might as well explain, right? I don't find jump scares scary. Like, maybe the first time, yeah, it will get to me. But when it's used too much, it becomes stupid and predictable, and it ruins the atmosphere the game had. It just becomes a lazy way to create "horror". So I thought to myself "whatever, if the game won't even bother to build any tension and just throw generic screamers in my face then I might as well not play it"