This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the scariest game you've ever played?

#21DarthSchubertPosted 10/1/2013 6:51:11 AM
I'd say Amnesia: Dark Descent. The inability to really fight back made it much scarier to me. That's the problem with many near-great horror games; they might have wonderful atmosphere and design and plot, but ultimately if I feel I can fight your creepy monster and survive, it's not going to scare me. Dead Space 1 is the poster child, in my mind. It's also why pre-RE4 RE games were scary... the controls were so clunky you might actually die. A flaw HELPED that game series.

I will agree Condemned: Criminal Origins also scared me quite a bit when I first played it. Something about the atmosphere really worked.

Honorable mention to Alan Wake, whose creepy forest and focus on unsettling rather than jump scaring went a looong way.
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."
#22zespairPosted 10/1/2013 6:55:03 AM
the latest Surgeon Simulator.......... that games scary.
---
PSNID:Zespair
#23Saberwolfe579Posted 10/1/2013 7:09:26 AM
Fatal Frame 2 Crimson Butterfly Directors Cut Edition on Xbox...never even finished the game man...stupid house of haunted dolls and specters...
---
--- I'd never dream of invading M'ladys privacy while the Duke invades M'ladys privates! ---
#24sheep007Posted 10/1/2013 7:11:46 AM
Eternal Darkness, especially the moment when you are told your memory card is corrupted. I wish I had a photo of my face the first time I saw that :P
---
"My game won't let me buy a girlfriend." - GamersTavern
The official Mareep of the pokemon X and Y boards.
#25Unbridled9Posted 10/1/2013 7:14:30 AM
Eternal Darkness.
---
Sanity. The most important, yet most lacking, thing in the world these days. Try sanity today! Accept no substitutes!
#26il_capitanoPosted 10/1/2013 7:18:08 AM
Either REmake with its randomly resurrecting running zombies + invincible boss stalking you or Silent Hill 3.
---
Farewell MGO, the first love will never be forgotten. 06/12/12
#27jbergmanPosted 10/1/2013 7:18:25 AM
The first silent hill or fatal frame, i had to take breaks while playing to watch a sitcom or something to calm my nerves =)
---
PSN: Bergmanj
ALT PSN: USUSER
#28TG_WolfPosted 10/1/2013 7:23:04 AM
Only the first time I ever played Eternal Darkness.

Did a low sanity run.

That **** freaks you out.
---
Official Madara Uchiha of all ExistenceOfficial Mu of UNS3 Board
Official Saberwulf of the Killer Instinct Board [Furry and Proud of it ^_^]
#29TropicMoon10Posted 10/1/2013 7:23:05 AM
I don't play horror games, but HL2's Ravenholm and the part where Batman first starts hallucinating from Scarecrow's fear gas in Arkham Asylum genuinely scared me.

I did play them both late at night though. <_<
---
-TropicMoon - as humid as a summer's day on triton
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#30Pirata_PretoPosted 10/1/2013 7:31:15 AM
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. The sanity effects truly made the game awesome.