This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the scariest game you've ever played?

#51DarthStojPosted 10/1/2013 8:43:32 AM
Mary Kate & Ashley Olson's Sleepover Party
---
---
#52IronSasquatchPosted 10/1/2013 8:46:40 AM
Either Slender or SCP 087-B.

The first time I played Slender, it was just pure, primal fear. That **** was terrifying if you played it under the right circumstances (lights out, middle of the night, headphones, alone). Unfortunately, the game has lost its ability to make me jump. Seems like the novelty sort of wore off. 087-B still gives me the same kind of feeling. You know you're going to die, you just don't know when.
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#53ladyphoenixPosted 10/1/2013 8:50:33 AM
Every single Fatal Frame game. And Silent Hill 2.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0791 - 1243 - 3385
If you add me, please send me a message with your code so I can add you too!
#54draygonnPosted 10/1/2013 8:50:58 AM
Siren blood curse on the ps3, scariest game ever made
#55tottenhamfan7Posted 10/1/2013 8:53:30 AM
I don't understand people who say that Fear or Dead space are scary.One is a fps with a slightly creepy atmosphere and in the other you use powerful laser guns to blow off alien limbs.
#56ObligatoryFatePosted 10/1/2013 9:03:04 AM
tottenhamfan7 posted...
I don't understand people who say that [...] Dead space [is] scary. [...Y]ou use powerful laser guns to blow off alien limbs.

Dead Space or Dead Space 2, actually 3 on solo hard. It's got great atmosphere, turn off the lights, and enjoy (esp on hardcore!).
#57VeiledGenesisPosted 10/1/2013 9:11:58 AM
Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Or just about anything else from Frictional Games. A Machine for Pigs, so far, hasn't been as scary as TDD, but it's still got mood and atmosphere coming out it's ears.

Honourable mentions:
Bioshock - for atmosphere, splicers, and of course Big Daddy
Thief series - excellent atmosphere, and lots of little things you don't typically see coming
Resident Evil & REmake - The first was the best as far as mood, atmosphere, and scares went
Penumbra series - Precursors to Amnesia, and damn good games all around
Silent Hill - I've only ever played the first 2 titles, but they're creepy and atmospheric enough

I feel like I'm forgetting one or two games, but that will have to do for now.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#58VeiledGenesisPosted 10/1/2013 9:14:08 AM
tottenhamfan7 posted...
I don't understand people who say that Fear or Dead space are scary.One is a fps with a slightly creepy atmosphere and in the other you use powerful laser guns to blow off alien limbs.

Just because they're more action-oriented games doesn't mean they don't pull off the same feel as pure horror games do. Dead Space is a bit better than FEAR, in my opinion, but they both pull it off very well.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#59ChargrilledPosted 10/1/2013 9:47:20 AM
Alien on the amstrad
---
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#60Misterkyle91Posted 10/1/2013 9:55:47 AM
Silent Hill 2