This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the scariest game you've ever played?

#61JoboHotepPosted 10/1/2013 9:00:00 AM
The original Clocktower on PS1. That game still messes with me when I play it from time to time.
---
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child
#62NocturneD85Posted 10/1/2013 9:15:49 AM(edited)
-Silent Hill (1, 2) though the part I always dreaded from the first one was going through the school. Not because I hated it, okay maybe I did but it was one of the more terrifying levels of the game. The third game was more weird than scary for me.

-Resident Evil (1,2,3, Remake) they all had an excellent atmosphere to get lost in.

-Parasite Eve (1), never before a turn based combat game ever really scared me. But there were moments in that game that put me on edge like the final boss chase.

-Condemned (1,2) the original more favorably but the second one just action-ized it up, still some of the levels were creepy going through.

Fatal Frame (1,2,3) pretty much if its not broken don't fix it. All three games held together nicely and created an atmosphere you would love and hate to be in. Pretty unique and the parts that are supposed to scare you, actually freaking scare you. Talk about a game that's doing it's job right everytime you play it.

Blair Witch (vol1: Rustin Parr) I feel that this game beats the pants off of some of the earlier survival game because it can still be scary to this day. Even though the gameplay/story is a bit repetitive, it gives off the right feeling of you being alone in the woods. Sure if you seen the movie then you figure there shouldn't be much to this game, but that's a big lie after you play it. You really feel you're alone in this game fighting for your life with creepy creatures around some corners.

Doom (64) For some reason when you think of DOOM you think of just running and gunning. This version of the game can put you on edge because of the music, art style and gameplay. my parents rented me this game when I was younger, I got killed by a pinky demon and man did that thing look horrifying that I never picked the game back up until later. A two day rental wasted because of that demon.

FEAR, this game was a fun mix of a shooter and horror game together that makes you want to keep playing. Honestly, I played games that tried to pull this off but sometimes the gameplay suffers because of switching of styles from time to time. FEAR though makes me kind of forget about the horror at times because of the constant gun fights.

Dead Space (1,2) One more favorably. I always watch for the vents just incase.

Nocturne, one of my favorite games. From the same team that brought Blair Witch vol1, this gem has the same gameplay but also has 4 acts to go through. You'll fight vampires, zombies, werewolves, ghouls. The puzzles are fun, well most of the time and the main character is bad ass to the core. Unfortunately the game hasn't aged well and it spawned off some spin offs like Bloodrayne... then those had movies...directed by you know who.
---
Itachi Uchiha's Liscense Plate: ULAK H8RED
#63EVILBRENDAPosted 10/1/2013 9:11:40 AM
Two games come to mind. One was on PC back in the early 80's. I saw different titles for it so I have no idea what the original was called. The one that sticks out is Outpost Rescue. You had to fly simulator style across a planet while avoiding patrols and rescue downed pilots. When you would land to pick a guy up you had to watch how he walked or you got the crap scared out of you by something that looked like Admiral Ackbar.

Second was Silent Hill many moons later. I'm sure the hallucinogens had nothing to do with it but I very distinctly remember throwing my controller several times at the monster coming out of my heater.
---
PSN: cavesitter/Live: cavesitter
Battlelog Info is cavesitter1 Don't ask.
#64JaghavePosted 10/1/2013 9:17:46 AM
only game to ever scare me slightly was vampire the mascaraed in the haunted hotel.
---
I7-2600k OC @ 4.10GHZ | GeForce GTX 580 | 8 GB DDR3. http://www.backloggery.com/jaghave
I fought the law and the law lost
#65crawdadPosted 10/1/2013 9:19:30 AM
Anything with shadows. I'm extremely jumpy.

I typically avoid most scary games, so you can Imagine i practically s*** myself on the original FEAR. I played the whole game in one sitting with the curtains drawn while my wife watched me play the entire game on Easy.

it was actually a blast but i couldn't do that s*** again lol.
---
Spit in the face of life and have a good day out of sheer f****** spite!
GT:Gojirra PSN Gojirra102 steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#66reincarnator07Posted 10/1/2013 9:19:46 AM
I'm not that big on horror games, but Siren Blood Curse. Was over at a friends, and we decided to turn down the lights and turn up the sound. Never again...
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#67BogePosted 10/1/2013 9:22:26 AM
Fatal Frame
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#68thatfool12GsPosted 10/1/2013 9:26:40 AM
Outlast is pretty twisted. Great atmosphere, religious references strewn about (usually in blood), good jump scare set pieces. Loved the sound.

Some of the other scary games from the past havent aged very well so I won't mention them.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#69VincentXPosted 10/1/2013 9:27:37 AM
Corpse Party and Corpse Party Book of Shadows; especially Chapters 6 & 8 of Book of Shadows; those flat out terrified me.
---
Nep-Nep! Neppy! Neptuna! Nepperoni! Neptunia! Neptune!
Doesn't matter how you say her name, Neptune is awesome.
#70RodzidanPosted 10/1/2013 9:38:02 AM
First three games in the silent hill series