This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Half Life 3. It's happening

#21Last Grand MageX2Posted 10/1/2013 7:31:41 PM
Holy **** none of you have any idea of what this means, do you?

All right, lets run through this real quick. First, if you file a trademark, you must show it in commercial use within a certain period of time, or you lose the trademark. Thats why it hasn't been trademarked much sooner, as many people have noted, Valve has always intended to make HL3.

So, for those wondering, YES, this is basically confirmation that HL3 isn't simply in the works, but that it should be coming (relatively) soon. My expectation is that HL3 gets a launch similar to HL2, starts as a Steam/SteamOS exclusive, with a console port a year or so later.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#22thePATH420Posted 10/1/2013 8:13:00 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
Stingyray posted...
blade6321 posted...
Stingyray posted...
They JUST did it this month?! I should have trademarked it for myself. Muahaha! No Half Life 3 ever since I wouldn't sell it to them! MUAHAHA!

That happened a lot when people realized they could- one guy tried it but it went to court and he had to hand it over because he was clearly doing it just for that purpose.

I'd build my own Half Life 3! And it would be crap since I know nothing about coding! I don't know where I'm going with this anymore...

Even if you did that, I'm guessing the courts would hand it over to Valve. They can establish prior interest with the brand for more than a decade, while you'd probably have difficulty giving a plausible excuse for adding the "3" to the end when you have no prior works.

I added "3" to the end without prior works because 1 and 2 were already taken by some company called "valve." It seems they have an interest in this half life thing as well.
---
Did you know calling someone a "faq" is against "Gamefaqs" Terms of use?
#23EdgeofDarknessPosted 10/1/2013 8:18:05 PM
TheMisfit posted...
Stingyray posted...
They JUST did it this month?! I should have trademarked it for myself. Muahaha! No Half Life 3 ever since I wouldn't sell it to them! MUAHAHA!

Not too late to jump on Half-Life 4.

If you are over the age of 18 it is as you will likely be dead by the time of release.