This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How much money have you made playing games?

#21ThunderPotatoPosted 10/1/2013 3:04:33 PM
About 1/3 of my income each month.
---
PS4 has blast processing.
#22SlaynPosted 10/1/2013 3:11:55 PM
Blutonic posted...
Since childhood, counting tournaments here in Los Angeles, I've made a total of maybe...$6500

From Mortal Kombat, to Halo, Guitar Hero, Tekken, Dance Dance Revolution, Counter-Strike, and Super Smash Brothers. Whenever I saw a video game tournament, big or small, I entered to test my skills and meet some amazing people along the way. I've gone to the World Cyber Games, Intel Extreme Masters, World Championship Gaming, and Major League Gaming events from L.A. to Las Vegas. I never placed in the top 10, but I've never been last. But oddly enough, I was one of the VERY FEW who went into every game with a "fun" attitude. Some people forgot that in the end, they're just video games.

I since quit competitive gaming when I joined the Navy, and I don't miss it. But building and benchmarking computers has since filled the void that it left. I always wished I was good at Starcraft though. God forbid I ever play online, I have trouble playing the campaign on Casual. >.>

One time I went to a Smash Bros tournament and got beat by a bunch of kids under 12. Double their age.

Felt bad man...
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#23peteybooPosted 10/1/2013 3:16:11 PM
DerPancake posted...
peteyboo posted...
I cannot tell anyone how much I make from Youtube ads. <_< (not much though)

I hate how channels with very little subscribers start putting ads on their videos. Thats the moment I close the tab and check other videos.

I did it because I was offered a partnership from a group other than Youtube, which meant I was more free to put up videos of games I wanted to play and not get hit with copyright strikes every single time. If you can't stand to wait 5 seconds to skip an ad, that's up to you.
---
Gee, it sure is boring around here. *rolls eyes*
I do Let's Plays sometimes! Current game: glitching Pokemon Blue Version http://www.youtube.com/user/peteyboo
#24UberLurkerPosted 10/1/2013 3:55:45 PM
I once had a job working 3rd shift as a computer operator, all I had to do was run scheduled processes over the course of the night from 7pm to 3am. The processes themselves were very simple and rarely deviated from procedure so I had a lot of time to kill while stuff was executing and between runs, and since my boss didn't care what I did in that downtime I ended up playing a lot of games. Granted it was mostly handheld games and whatever I could install on my (somewhat lousy) work PC but it was gaming nonetheless.

$27/hour x 4 hours/day (prob spent half my shift gaming) x 5 days/week x 2 weeks/paycheck = $1,080 per paycheck

Not bad!
#25dennis941012Posted 10/1/2013 3:58:27 PM
$4000~
mostly through market selling accounts/gold etc...
---
Painful Slow Death To Incompetent Junglers
#26bobhome2Posted 10/1/2013 4:31:02 PM
Couple bucks selling Steam cards, nothing special.
#27overkillwfo1978Posted 10/1/2013 5:59:41 PM
DerPancake posted...
peteyboo posted...
I cannot tell anyone how much I make from Youtube ads. <_< (not much though)

I hate how channels with very little subscribers start putting ads on their videos. Thats the moment I close the tab and check other videos.

lol. Never heard of AdBlock Plus, I take it? I haven't seen an internet ad in years.
---
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin
#28tigerjackhammerPosted 10/1/2013 6:01:47 PM
Thousands off of League
#29Damaged7Posted 10/1/2013 6:13:44 PM
I won an ipod nano in a guitar hero contest once.
---
Bold Text
#30ihumpmypillow89Posted 10/1/2013 6:30:32 PM
Pretty sure I'm in the hole by quite a bit.
---
http://goo.gl/pIFDj | http://goo.gl/16aDr
This is what happens when a 5 year old writes a comic - http://goo.gl/zRaAS