This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How much money have you made playing games?

#31YuniuninuniunPosted 10/1/2013 5:35:45 PM
I've made maybe $20 off trading cards and selling dota stuff.

I could sell some MMO account for $500+ each if I really wanted to. And I've put $0 into them so pure cash.
---
Playing: RaiderZ, La Mulana, Dota 2, Dragon's Crown
#32BlutonicPosted 10/1/2013 6:00:45 PM
Slayn posted...
Blutonic posted...
Since childhood, counting tournaments here in Los Angeles, I've made a total of maybe...$6500

From Mortal Kombat, to Halo, Guitar Hero, Tekken, Dance Dance Revolution, Counter-Strike, and Super Smash Brothers. Whenever I saw a video game tournament, big or small, I entered to test my skills and meet some amazing people along the way. I've gone to the World Cyber Games, Intel Extreme Masters, World Championship Gaming, and Major League Gaming events from L.A. to Las Vegas. I never placed in the top 10, but I've never been last. But oddly enough, I was one of the VERY FEW who went into every game with a "fun" attitude. Some people forgot that in the end, they're just video games.

I since quit competitive gaming when I joined the Navy, and I don't miss it. But building and benchmarking computers has since filled the void that it left. I always wished I was good at Starcraft though. God forbid I ever play online, I have trouble playing the campaign on Casual. >.>

One time I went to a Smash Bros tournament and got beat by a bunch of kids under 12. Double their age.

Felt bad man...

Hey now, those kids were the s***. My butten mashing skills had no chance against their perseverance and cunning. Haha. I used to play SSB on N64, that was short lived though.

I'm surprised so many people here made money off of MMOs. Doesn't sound like much fun, but hey, money is money. I couldn't do it though.
---
"I'm glad I'm not friends with any of you in real life." -All Star : GameFAQs in a nutshell
#33therickmu25Posted 10/1/2013 6:24:51 PM
$11.75 Steam Dollars selling Dota2 items. That's it.
---
Games List: http://i.imgur.com/n5R72Cl.jpg
PC Setup: http://i.imgur.com/fUPqE7N.jpg