This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I run Dead Space and/or Batman Arkham Asylum?

#1king_reggie_28Posted 10/1/2013 11:10:55 AM
I tried using systemrequirementslab.com and it said I couldn't run either of them, but it also said I couldn't run Fallout 3 or Amnesia: the Dark Descent, and I can run both of them fine on high settings. My specs are:

Toshiba Satillite C855D
AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.30 Ghz
4.00 GB (3.59 GB useable)
64-bit Operating System, x64-based processer

If this is assuming I put them on minimum settings, how much FPS could I get out of them?
---
"I am Butler. Everything I say sounds tough. Now get out of the lake, fairy." -Butler, Artemis Fowl and the last guardian
#2sonicteam2k1Posted 10/1/2013 11:15:43 AM
sure
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#3AsellusPosted 10/1/2013 11:17:57 AM
There's a demo for Batman AA you can download. If it was fine with Fallout 3 though I'd think it'd probably run about the same.
#4king_reggie_28(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 11:56:22 AM
Got the demo of B:AA and it runs okay on low settings, but for a fast-paced game like that you really need a smooth framerate. How would dead space run compared to that?
---
"I am Butler. Everything I say sounds tough. Now get out of the lake, fairy." -Butler, Artemis Fowl and the last guardian
#5TerantatekPosted 10/2/2013 12:01:41 PM
king_reggie_28 posted...
Got the demo of B:AA and it runs okay on low settings, but for a fast-paced game like that you really need a smooth framerate. How would dead space run compared to that?

If its the first one, much better. Though if I were you I'd buy a new CPU, quad core with atleast 3.2ghz
---
"The best revenge is to live a happy life"
Love, Peace, 420-14/7. Living in Euphoria
#6PhilOnDezPosted 10/2/2013 12:09:13 PM
I don't know how it will run compared to batman but dead space is unplayable at 30 fps unless you use a controller. That's not elitism or anything, at 30 FPS (standard vsync from the game's settings) I had to move my mouse across my mouse pad 10-15 times to make a 180 on max sensitivity. At 60 it's playable, but just barely imo (and going far above 60 makes it unplayable as well). If you aren't using a controller just don't bother. It's a shame because it's a great game.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#7sonicteam2k1Posted 10/2/2013 12:16:40 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
I don't know how it will run compared to batman but dead space is unplayable at 30 fps unless you use a controller. That's not elitism or anything, at 30 FPS (standard vsync from the game's settings) I had to move my mouse across my mouse pad 10-15 times to make a 180 on max sensitivity. At 60 it's playable, but just barely imo (and going far above 60 makes it unplayable as well). If you aren't using a controller just don't bother. It's a shame because it's a great game.

use D3DOverrider and enable vsync and tripple buffering. then disable vysnc in game. this will lock it to your monitors frame rate and you'll be able to win QTE's.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#8Bikes-Posted 10/2/2013 12:19:24 PM
PhilOnDez posted...

There's some fixes to deadspace that make it playable, IIRC you need to turn of Vsync in game and force it in your options menu otherwise the mouse is a mess.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#9Ch3wyPosted 10/2/2013 12:21:52 PM
Even with the fixes KB/M is pretty bad. It's just not as bad.

I wouldn't recommend it without a gamepad.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#10PhilOnDezPosted 10/2/2013 12:34:12 PM
I've gotten dead space to run 'properly' at 60, it just still controls horribly. Somebody said the game has negative mouse acceleration, I don't know what that means but I'm guessing it's what I hate so much about it.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez