This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

question on brands on graphic cards (gtx 770)

#1ivory3333Posted 10/1/2013 2:11:24 PM
i like to see more opinions or people who had history with brand names when it comes to graphic cards. im deciding on buy gtx 770 for my new pc build and i looked over many different brands and heard good/horror stories on them. So far everone loves EVGA and than some on ASUS. when i looked at PNY and MSI graphic cards, this is where i start to see mix opinions. PNY had more horror stories than MSI. now with msi, which im interested to know about, some people said they having good experience with their graphic cards where they never heat up and had no physical issue what so ever. while other said, their fans have melted away, or stop working in a short time. their card over heat very quickly and such. what is you opinion on brand name based on graphic cards and what do you think for MSI?

the reason why im asking this, im getting few deal where i can get brand new msi gtx 770 for $360 while EVGA (seems to be best over all) for $390-400. $360 seems good but i don't want to cheapen out by $40 and end up wasting $360 and finding my self with terrible card.
---
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." W. Churchill
#2Freakwave003Posted 10/1/2013 2:12:58 PM
Yes, get that MSI. MSI, EVGA, and Asus are good brands. Haven't had a problem with any of them. For that price, easily.
---
i7 3770K @ 4.4 GHz | GA-Z77-D3H | Corsair H100i | 16GB HyperX Beast | ASUS GTX 770 | Intel 520 SSD | Seasonic 660x Platinum | Corsair 500r
#3SlaynPosted 10/1/2013 2:14:28 PM
The cards are all the same, the difference is the fan, warranty, customer support. Does MSI have a 100% failure rate on fans? No. Does MSI have a higher rate on failure on fans? Honestly, I'd like to see some evidence on this.

Does EVGA have much better customer support and warranty? Having worked there, I would say yes.

Does it make it worth the $40 premium? Up to you.

Personal fact: It isn't to me.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#4NicodimusPosted 10/1/2013 2:25:12 PM
I have the Gigabyte version and it does well for me, although if you're a major overclocker you'll want to make sure you get one with unlocked voltage. I'm happy enough with the performance/temps I get from OC with the standard voltage.
---
Intel i5 4670k | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64