This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thoughts on the BF4 beta?

#81PathlessBulletPosted 10/2/2013 1:44:30 PM
Pyrotechnixxx posted...
I'm really tired of godawful bloom. I feel like the next battlefield is just going to be a live feed of the sun.

It's nowhere near as bad as BF3 or god forbid Bad Company HBAO 2
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#82ShebeskiiPosted 10/2/2013 4:11:10 PM(edited)
therickmu25 posted...
It feels a lot like BF3 which is expected and all around I would say it's solid. However, after playing Arma3 the last few months with a solid group of guys and using teamwork, it's hard to jump into this game where everyone is running around like a chicken with their head cut off and have fun in an objective based mode.

It's more or less a substitute for COD and I can't imagine getting the same level of teamwork as I do on Arma so I don't think I'm going to buy it. We'll see down the road if I find a good core of guys to play with if I'll end up getting it.

It's about as casual as it gets. It's playing an action movie with some structure. It's not like other more serious titles.

I think as time goes on people are realizing BF has ALWAYS been casual unbalanced randomness.

Doesn't mean it can't be very, very fun, but and it has its moments, but it really is just "wow, so many vehicles! wow, so many players! HUGE LEVELS! wow, explosions! guns! dayum dis game is intense!"

It's a good summer blockbuster in game form.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
#83Orestes417Posted 10/2/2013 4:17:00 PM
Yep. It's a Michael Bay wet dream in playable form and that's exactly what's right about it.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#84SchaerMannPosted 10/2/2013 4:22:15 PM
OreoBoy206 posted...
This Beta is mostly for the server side of things.. Most of the stuff people are complaining about is likely fixed in the current DICE build..

People complained about the same kind of stuff in the BF3 Beta to the point that DICE had to come out and basically say "We know about the issues/bugs in BF3 Beta and they're already fixed in our current build" and yes he was talking about the PC BF3 Beta as well.. So I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case with BF4 Beta too...

http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/10/battlefield-3-beta-glitches-already-fixed-in-full-game/
Link^^^

Yeah, I remember that. The part I personally found hilarious about that situation was that the bloody alpha was absent those very issues people complained about so loudly. Yeah, I was in the BF3 alpha.

My main issue here has been connection stability and the odd frame drop/lag difficulty, which I noted in my last post, but I saw this one and had to reply.
---
There exist in the world ideas that are the intellectual equivalent of a Twinkie: appealing, tasty, last forever, and utterly devoid of benefit. - Anonymous
#85DarkZV2BetaPosted 10/2/2013 5:22:14 PM
Slayn posted...
Have any of you ever done a beta before? 100% serious question. Maybe you all remember beta with rose tinted glasses. There are two general facts of most betas:

1. The beta, ESPECIALLY any type of external/open/massive beta, is usually a few builds behind.

2. Usually they have things like debuggers running at the same time.

You people make it seem like the game is going to permanently run at sub 60 FPS unless running dual titans.

>implying dual titans would improve debugger performance

Really, though, not surprising that it runs like crap on a Phenom II, seeing as BF3 had gimped physics.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#86Bazooka_PenguinPosted 10/2/2013 7:48:14 PM
Siege of Shanghai is an amazing map.

You can use the central tower as a staging area and then basically paraglide down to almost any other area, including other rooftops, giving you a huge advantage in map control and mobility if you control the tower. It is THE most important asset on the map, and once it goes down you're forced to basically traveling entirely by ground making movement all that much harder. People don't seem to realize how much power the tower can be and just bring it down for kicks minutes into matches, which is pretty damn lame.
---
Deth Pen
http://i.imgur.com/eMXgU.gif
#87ThescyyPosted 10/2/2013 8:42:06 PM(edited)
Finally got to playing it today, loving Siege of Shanghai. Afterburner isn't working in game for some reason for detection but I haven't felt my fps stutter at all at Ultra everything with 2xmsaa at 2560x1440 96hz. Haven't played 64 player yet though and I would imagine that will put a bit more strain on my computer.
---
i7 3930k @ 4.5Ghz | H220 | asrock x79 extreme 9 | 16GB 1600mhz ram | SLI GTX 780 | Samsung 830 256GB SSD | 8TB HDDs | EVGA Supernova 1300 G2 | Fractal design R4
#88Snuckie7Posted 10/2/2013 8:55:35 PM
Thescyy posted...
Finally got to playing it today, loving Siege of Shanghai. Afterburner isn't working in game for some reason for detection

I think it's because BF4 is 64 bit.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#89ThescyyPosted 10/2/2013 9:16:28 PM(edited)
Snuckie7 posted...
Thescyy posted...
Finally got to playing it today, loving Siege of Shanghai. Afterburner isn't working in game for some reason for detection

Ah, that might explain the few other games that it doesn't work with as well. I used fraps now and ran several 5 minute tests for min max and avg. For almost all of them the minimums were around 70 which rarely happened, average of around 96-100 and max of around 125-140. This was in 64 player conquest now so I'm sure it must have been higher in the 32 man servers, and people said hex cores were worthless for gaming.
---
i7 3930k @ 4.5Ghz | H220 | asrock x79 extreme 9 | 16GB 1600mhz ram | SLI GTX 780 | Samsung 830 256GB SSD | 8TB HDDs | EVGA Supernova 1300 G2 | Fractal design R4
#90TheFeshPincePosted 10/2/2013 9:14:43 PM
Thescyy posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
Thescyy posted...

Ah, that might explain the few other games that it doesn't work with as well. I used fraps now and ran several 5 minute tests for min max and avg. For almost all of them the minimums were around 70 which rarely happened average of around 96-100 and max of around 125-140. And people said hex cores were worthless for gaming.

Can I have your PC?
---
http://i.imgur.com/J0lvB6S.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/DoHj9yA.jpg | http://youtu.be/YXkx-PSwbG4