This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you feel about gaming-laptops?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How do you feel about gaming-laptops?

User Info: PCnovice

PCnovice
3 years ago#1
How do they compare to traditional tower PCs? As my username implies, I'm somewhat new to this, so please bear with me. Keep in mind that I travel routinely for work, but still have plenty of down-time to play games. I would rather keep things simple with a laptop than carry a tower and monitor around with me through airports and in hotels.

So, overall, how do they compare. Any differences in longevity? Good/Poor investment?

User Info: steveboblarry

steveboblarry
3 years ago#2
Well if you were to hypothetically get a gaming laptop you would need a high budget. They are expensive
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad

PCnovice
3 years ago#3
steveboblarry posted...
Well if you were to hypothetically get a gaming laptop you would need a high budget. They are expensive

I'm willing to spend up to $1,500.00.

I am thinking about purchasing this one: http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=arbi76750&cs=19&dgvcode=ss&c=US&l=EN&ST=pla&dgc=ST&cid=262076&lid=4742362VEN1=62585286348&acd=123098073120560

Would I be able to get 7-10 years of quality gaming or would I have to upgrade at some point, and if so, how much would it cost?

User Info: steveboblarry

steveboblarry
3 years ago#4
Are you sure you want to go with a gaming laptop, with a 1500 budget you could build a beast rig
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad

User Info: DerPancake

DerPancake
3 years ago#5
PCnovice posted...
steveboblarry posted...

I'm willing to spend up to $1,500.00.

I am thinking about purchasing this one: http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=arbi76750&cs=19&dgvcode=ss&c=US&l=EN&ST=pla&dgc=ST&cid=262076&lid=4742362VEN1=62585286348&acd=123098073120560

Would I be able to get 7-10 years of quality gaming or would I have to upgrade at some point, and if so, how much would it cost?

You can problaby get 5 years max, then it won't play the new games.
Steam/Origin: DerPancake

User Info: KillerzOverHere

KillerzOverHere
3 years ago#6
as steve said, if you can, even if you have to make adjustments, build your own/get your own desktop.

But if you are dead set on a gaming laptop, xoticpc.com. I bought my gaming laptop from there, go for a sager. excellent overall, no complaints and powerful.

User Info: KillerzOverHere

KillerzOverHere
3 years ago#7
http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8265-clevo-p150sm-p-6198.html?wconfigure=yes

go for a 780m. you won't regret it.

PCnovice
3 years ago#8
**** it, guys. I'm just going to buy a PS4 in November. Thanks anyways.

User Info: BeefCastle

BeefCastle
3 years ago#9
Successful troll.
I climb mountains and I'm never wrong.

User Info: DerPancake

DerPancake
3 years ago#10
BeefCastle posted...
Successful troll.

I don't know if I could call that trolling.
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How do you feel about gaming-laptops?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived